Idle Distraction: Super Webcomics

SSgt Baloo

• 2 years later...

Re: Idle Distraction: Super Webcomics

Just discovered "Aptitude Test", about a high school girl who takes a career aptitude test, gets the result "superhero", and gets to "job-shadow" a genuine super for a day. Julie is pretty sure she doesn't actually want to be a superhero, but weird things keep happening in her vicinity (or possibly her best friend is a weirdness magnet, hard to tell.) Two of their classmates just had origin stories, for example...slow updates, but there's been eight "issues" so you can enjoy a short archive binge.

http://aptitude.surfacingpoint.com/index.php

Be sure to scroll down for an interesting piece on superhero non-costumes.

PS238

Sidekick Girl

Pajama Chronicles (Defunct)

The Olympians (Incomplete story, but neat idea)

Dark Nebula (Also, Southern Squadron and Golden Age Southern Cross, accessible from same page. Personally, I think they're better than Dark Nebula, but still...)

A big thumbs up to Legatus' suggestion of Evil Inc.

I know there's some good ones out there' date=' but I recently stumbled across [i']Everyday Heroes[/i] and Decided to share.

What are some of your favorite online supers webcomics? Don't forget to post a link!

Ok, one archive cashed. Summer, Carrie and Uma's stories are my favorite and clearly the most fun for the artist to create so he's going to have to realize the main character Mister Mighty isn't the main character anymore. Gracias, Baloo.

• 6 months later...

Here two with "Single Source of Powers" background. None of them is labelled superhero comic, but I think they are close enough:

Wayward Sons: Legends (http://waywardsons.keenspot.com/)

An interesting reinterpretation of earths mythology with superpowered aliens (mostly human or near human) as the goods of ancient earth (inlcuding a comming great war).

Project GTH (http://www.drunkduck.com/Project_GTH/index.php?p=668627).

No idea what the abrevation means but "Go To Hell" could be it. The graphic quality is rather poor, but it get's better (a little bit) and the story is fairly good. Sometimes the sentences are a little bit of (the autor is spanish). Overall slight influences from Mangas, power and story wise.

• 4 weeks later...