Menton is up

yamamura

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Menton is up

http://www.champions-online.com/villains/menton

"Menton took a new, younger, stronger body with powerful latent psychic abilities after breaking away from Doctor Destroyer’s organization."

So the most beautiful and physically perfect Spaniard the world has ever know has mind jumped into the body of a scrawny black kid with a mutated brain/skull?

Or is that supposed to be his real body and the buff, blond dude was just the shell?

Or maybe both are easily discarded shells and none will ever know the true face of Menton!

Obviously they are taking the characters in new direction then what we have known in the past. While I don't like the character art design, the whole thing reminds me of the end of Scanners. Who is to say that is Menton's final resting place.

Yeah, the one thing I liked about CU Menton was that he DIDN'T look like very other stereotypical emaciated psyker.

*Le Sigh*

Very disappointing, but I'm going to try and stay positive. So far however, 1 for 3 on character design for me personally.

I say this, not as a HERO fan, or someone dedicated to keeping Menton as he is, but just an evaluation of the look, the image the character gives.

It's horrible. It's like Evil Ukrel from Family Matters. Put some suspenders on him and hair..dead ringer.

I can't take this villain seriously. In any scene featuring him, I'll imagine him unleashing devatstating telekenetic blasts..then issuing that grating Urkel catchphrase "Did I Do That?"

Swing and a miss.

I say this, not as a HERo fan, or someone dedicated to keeping Menton as he is, but just an evaluation of the look, the image the character gives.

It's horrible. It's like Evil Ukrel from Family Matters. Put some suspenders on him and hair..dead ringer.

I can't take this villain seriously. In any sscene featuring him, I'll imagiuen him unleashign devatstating telekenetic blasts..then uissuing that Grating urkel catchphrase "Did I Do That?"

Swing and a miss.

Thank you for making me laugh like an idiot. Repped.:rofl:

Yeah, the one thing I liked about CU Menton was that he DIDN'T look like very other stereotypical emaciated psyker.

*Le Sigh*

Very disappointing, but I'm going to try and stay positive. So far however, 1 for 3 on character design for me personally.

I totally understand. Also incrdbil, I agree. While I can see a psi that can transfer his mind, not staying in a body that is growing old, I agree he could have been a little more selective.

I notice that many of the comments on the Cryptic forums about Menton's look have been positive, but it appears that most of those are by people who have never seen the earlier Champions version; while most of the negative have been by those who are familiar with the PnP Menton. It's probable that our reactions are colored by our previous experience with the character. (And it's possible that we're just a pack of curmudgeons.) ;)

I actually like all three of the NPCs they have up so far. But then again I've never actually used the Champions Universe in any gameing. And rarely even used any of the CU characters in my own worlds. So I'm not particularly attached to any incarnation of them. :)

I actually like all three of the NPCs they have up so far. But then again I've never actually used the Champions Universe in any gameing. And rarely even used any of the CU characters in my own worlds. So I'm not particularly attached to any incarnation of them. :)

Burn the heretic

Guest voodoo54

If they wanted to change the character concept up a little bit, fine, but the whole slimy, pulsating brain thing...ugh:thumbdown.