Ben 10: Alien Force

Bloodstone

Re: Ben 10: Alien Force

I just wonder what else can happen in a single kids life?

I havent been able to watch the last few episodes but I havent seen the omnitrex scan new aliens that ben ran into like he did in the original Ben 10.

So far, it hasn't. They seem to be set on keeping the number of aliens he can access at 10 ... despite one of them being borderline useless.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wonder what else can happen in a single kids life?

Ask Peter Parker ;)

I havent been able to watch the last few episodes but I havent seen the omnitrex scan new aliens that ben ran into like he did in the original Ben 10.

The writers have revealed a bit more about how the Omnitrix really works, though a lot of that info hasn't made it into the show yet and there's still a ton of mystery about it.

Essentially, the Omnitrix hasn't sampled any new alien DNA because Ben hasn't encountered anything that isn't already in the database. The Omnitrix already has 1,000,903 sentient alien forms stored inside it (all or mostly Milky Way Galaxy aliens). However, the user only get's a limited "playlist" to start with if they don't put in the master code. When Ben put on the Omnitrix five years later, it loaded a different playlist than what he had last time. The Highbreed and Xenocites are even in there, they are just not on his playlist at the moment.

Yeah' date=' about that? Watch tonight's episode...[/quote']

I did. I saw the commercials with Cannon Bolt and Upchuck, I just assumed they were 'a' Cannon Bolt and Upchuck, not 'the' Cannon Bolt and Upchuck, if you know what I mean.

Of course, now that the Master Code is relocked, Ben's presumably back to 10 aliens for the next series.

As a side note, after Ben declared he'd never transform into Alien X ever again the episode that introduced him, I was SURE they'd follow the trope and Ben would have to do it again at some point, probably at the season finale ... but they didn't. I was truly surprised.

Best line of the episode: "Ethan? ... Your name is Kevin E. Levin?!"

I did. I saw the commercials with Cannon Bolt and Upchuck' date=' I just assumed they were 'a' Cannon Bolt and Upchuck, not 'the' Cannon Bolt and Upchuck, if you know what I mean.[/quote']

I saw Cannon Bolt and Way Big in the commercials, bur Upchuck was a surprise for me. I assumed Cannon Bolt was Ben since he had the Omnitrix symbol, but it was possible that he was some other Arburian Pelarota with a Plumber's Badge.

Of course, that would have been assuming that they aren't extinct outside of Cannon Bolt.

Course, that could be an interesting story since Ben knows about the Noah's Arc aspect of the the Omnitrix now...

Of course, now that the Master Code is relocked, Ben's presumably back to 10 aliens for the next series.

Maybe, maybe not. We know he's got several new aliens on the dial because of his "I don't recognize any of these guys" comment... and other tidbits.

But, there's been some hints that at least a few of his previous forms would be seeing more action. So, I'd say there's a good chance of him getting a mix of new and old. Or he has more than 10 aliens next season.

Mind you, I think a play list of 10 aliens makes the most thematic sense for the show. And I'm sure the marketing/merchandising guys love whenever this sort of thing happens. Gotta catch em all, you know ;)

However, Ben 10: Alien Swarm (the upcoming live action movie) is supposed to be in continuity. Ben's allegedly going to be using some of his Alien Force forms in that (Echo Echo, Big Chill, Chromastone and Swampfire). So unless Alien Swarm actually takes place before War of the Worlds (unlikely based on a minor spoiler) that seems to indicate at least a few of the original 10 alien force aliens are on the dial still...

Best line of the episode: "Ethan? ... Your name is Kevin E. Levin?!"

I've known about that little bit of cheese for a while now. The first Alien Force comic revealed his full name. Still fun to see Ben give him crap for it :D

• 5 months later...

Now that season 3 is only 2 weeks away I have to make a choice...convert to 6E or stay with 5ER?

Decisions, decisions...

Do what you're comfortable with. If others want to 'borrow' your ideas, it's easy enough to convert back and forth.

I'd probably go 5th, just because i'm much more familiar with it.

Now that season 3 is only 2 weeks away I have to make a choice...convert to 6E or stay with 5ER?

Decisions, decisions...

Don't put all the extra work on yourself (You've got thousands to go. ;)) leave the older write ups as is since it's easy to convert for readers and do the new ones in whatever edition best suits you.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like you might not have quite so much to do as we thought ... watching the Alien Force marathon' date=' and judging from the Sneak Peeks and commercials, some of Ben's forms are familiar. I've seen Cannonbolt, Big Chill, Chromastone and Jetray.[/quote']

Despite Ben's line at the end of War of the Worlds, there's going to be quite a few returning alien forms this season. Including some that we haven't seen yet from the original series, like Diamond Head.

There will, however, be at least three brand new forms: Lodestar, Rath and Nanomech (though he might only be in the live action movie...)

I'll probably be doing everything from here on out in 6E format, since I could use the practice...

Nanomech? I wonder how that'll be different from Upgrade.

Haven't had the faintest hint yet what he actually does but...

Based on previews of the toy line, my very first thought was he looked a bit like the Guyver. He has what appears to be translucent green wings on his back, so presumably he can fly. Of course, the name sure seems to indicate he's mechanical in nature, but certain parts look rather organic and somewhat insect like. Other parts look heavily armored. Overall, I'm thinking some kind of cyborg or techno-organic race.