Stronghold Concept Art

Steve Long

Re: Stronghold Concept Art

I don't picture it that way either, Derek, but Cryptic undoubtedly has a plan for the place that involves that sort of appearance. I know some of what they have in mind, and I think it could fit. But I do envision it as being much "higher tech" in appearance, clean, etc. OTOH, Cryptic's vision is probably much more "realistic."

The description alongside the art seems at odds with the images. If the place had been running into the ground since the seventies (possibly the 1870s...) then the pictures would be more in tune, but it seems rather dismal and decrepit for a facility that has undergone at least one rebuild and is still in operation after a couple of major breakouts. It will be interesting to see where they take the idea and what the thinking is behind the choice of Stronghold's look.

What I do like about the COMMO Stronghold is that it looks to me less like a "cutting edge state of the art superprison" that their PR advertises, and more like a 30 year old warehouse for dangerous supervillains that the government can't safely contain anywhere else. It looks like it's suffered from the numerous breakouts and breakins over the years, and the definite lack of budget to thoroughly fix it. Which makes it ripe for all sorts of abuse :D

What I do like about the COMMO Stronghold is that it looks to me less like a "cutting edge state of the art superprison" that their PR advertises' date=' and more like a 30 year old warehouse for dangerous supervillains that the government can't safely contain anywhere else. It looks like it's suffered from the numerous breakouts and breakins over the years, and the definite lack of budget to thoroughly fix it. Which makes it ripe for all sorts of abuse :D[/quote']

Old, green, looks like an underground sewer... very CoX. :)

JG

It make sense to me. When the place was build, someone thought walls and towers were a good idea (maybe it was a supermax prision rather than a super-villian prison). Anyway it didnt' take long to realize that walls without a roof were not a deterant to breakouts and breakins, so they built down. Sure they could rebuild the walls every week to maintain appearance, but that money, as would tearing down the existing structure.