Any modules available?

Bragol

I played Hero and Fantasy Hero in the 90's and loved it. The system gives a tremendeous abount of flexibility. The only problem is that I had to make EVERYTHING for the game.

My group eventually went back to D&D because the burden on the GM was much less due to the avilablity of published supplements and adventures.

I am considering getting back into Hero. Are there any adventure modules available for purchase or download? If so, where can I find them.

I'm new to these boards, so please be kind with remarks concerning my willingness/ability to scour boards for relevant pre-existing threads.

Thanks

Bragol

Re: Any modules available?

Fantasy Hero Battlegrounds has several adventures and many adventure seeds in it. It uses the Turakian Age, but it wouldn't be hard to mod it for your own world.

There's also a free download around here somewhere. The Tomb of Rak'ross, I believe it's called... but I'm not sure where it is. I'm sure Lord Liadan or TQM will be around shortly to point it out. :)

Oh, and welcome back! :thumbup:

Welcome, Bragol! Nice to have you back. :)

Fantasy Hero Battlegrounds has several adventures and many adventure seeds in it. It uses the Turakian Age, but it wouldn't be hard to mod it for your own world.

There's also a free download around here somewhere. The Tomb of Rak'ross, I believe it's called... but I'm not sure where it is. I'm sure Lord Liadan or TQM will be around shortly to point it out. :)

Oh, and welcome back! :thumbup:

The Tomb Of Rakoss The Undying is a nice little dungeon crawl adventure, complete with maps, artwork, HERO character stats and Hero Designer files. It makes a good introductory adventure. You can download it as a ZIP file from this webpage.

Second the recommendation of Fantasy HERO Battlegrounds. You can read more about it, and order it, from Hero's online store, either in hardcopy or PDF.

Chasing A Golden Buck

The Lost Kingdom of the Dwarves

These are licensed products.

Chasing A Golden Buck is for Hero Games's Valdorian Age sword-and-sorcery setting, but wouldn't be hard to fit into most others. You can buy it as a PDF from the online store.

The Lost Kingdom of the Dwarves/On Corrupted Ground is a combination setting/adventure, also available in the online store as a PDF. More details and purchase option found here

I would like to repeat the Fantasy Hero Battlegrounds plug: I really liked all but one of the scenarios (the one I didn't like was well done, I just can't stand sci-fi/fantasy crossovers). I also have one Fantasy Hero scenario for sale online and more on the way.

I should also add that I've been converting AD&D and Warhammer Quest adventures and putting them online, full Fantasy Hero conversions of several more well known adventures such as Pharaoh, Against the Giants (only the first done so far) and so on. I've been doing them for my own game and decided I may as well polish them up and put them out for others.

And depending on your taste, I've put 20 adventures linked into a campaign up here:

http://www.geocities.com/markdoc.geo/Gaming_stuff/sengoku_adventures/adventures.html

and bunch of short ones here:

http://www.rpglibrary.org/settings/gothick_empires/entry.htm (under "adventures" obviously :D)

Cheers, Mark