Old races, new tricks.

Shadowsoul

Re: Old races, new tricks.

Added a new race that I thought up some time ago. The Bone Elves. In italics as before. I have some other races from various books and settings that I will probably post tomorrow.

I seem to remember seeing a Feline race somewhere that used Bone Magic similar to that which I envisioned for this race, (though I can probably trace my version back to a character in the Sword of Truth series who used bones as a focus for her magic). Anyway, who was it that came up with that race? I'd like to have another look at your ideas of Bone Magic to see what I can, well one might say steal but I prefer 'be inspired by'.

• 5 months later...

Re: Old races, new tricks.

I drifted away from this thread to other projects. But I mentioned a while back that I should revive it and Chris-M encouraged me.

So, on we go.

Thanks for doing it! Cool stuff.

Back in the day in high school, I started an AD&D campaign which was a very thinly disguised version of Mongo from the late-70's animated Flash Gordon series. Everything was the same except I changed the names and took out the technology or replaced it with very simple magical implements. So Ming was called something else and was a powerful magic user, and his robot minions were instead low-level iron golems. And Auboreans, or whatever they were called (Prince Baron's people), became elves, the lion people were lion people with some made-up race name, and the hawk people were hawk people with some other made-up race name. My players thought it was all wonderfully creative and different, and being insecure and thirsty for any sort of praise, I couldn't bring myself to admit where this wonderfully original campaign actually came from. :o