Multiform/Summon Question

Khelendros

Re: Multiform/Summon Question

Because ultimately Multiform is one of a number of methods.

Also, Multiform is best used when a full personality change occurs. Or a total shift in Powers Suite.

Take Colossus - he physically changes into steel, but his personality is the same. Mostly his metal shape is simply the Special Effects of activating his Powers: Armor;Visible comes to mind.

Mystique, same thing - same person, even same abilities, only her appearance changes. Simple answer here is Shapeshift to achieve the desired effect.

Most of the time "Summoning the Weapon" is just the Special Effect of having an RKA (or similar) Power that can't be removed from the character. I've seen a build "Killing Attack, Ranged; Must Be Within 2 Miles Of Arsenal Van" to simulate someone who can summon weapons from the back of his van while he's out on missions. There is a build that uses Summon this way - as soon as I can track down the book/page reference I'll repost it. Assuming I just didn't see it somewhere else completely.

Metal Peter sounds like a band name... or sex toy

Because Colossus isn't a new person, he's just Metal Peter; it's easier and more intuitive to just define his other form as OIHID or something similar. As for Mystique or other shapeshifters of her caliber, it would be a huge pain in the ass to give her infinity multiforms, so she just has Shapeshift and a multipower/variable pool to simulate the stuff she can do.

I can't say it much better than ghost_angel or braincraft did, re Colossus or Mystique (I actually had a similar discussion with my wife about it last night).

Colossus just activates his powers ... visible DI and Armor, linked.

Captain Marvel (DC) has Only in Hero ID. He has to say a magic word to change, and can be prevented from changing if prevented ... however, his personality remains unchanged from what I know of the character.

The 'classic' Hulk has Multiform, because his Psych Lims completely change, along with his Intelligence.

(My take, at least.)

As far as weapon summoning, I'd probably just do that as having the weapon not take the Focus limitation, since it can't be easily taken away from you.

I think braincraft meant that more conceptually - you buy a distinct number of other characters at a relatively reduced price (x2 Other Forms for 5pts is like adding Ultraslots to an MP).

Hmm. I had ideas along the lines of a character multipower myself. Almost like having a branched tree of forms with new forms depending on what had already been bought

Animal - large - elephant Would cost for all three elements.

Animal - large - whale Would cost much less as it was only the third element that changes.

I ahvene't thought it through at all but it might be a more interesting way to do Manimal type stuff....

Doc