Not the Dark Age -- the Dork Age!

FenrisUlf

Re: Not the Dark Age -- the Dork Age!

OTOH' date=' the same plotline also introduced the new Red Tornado (a motormouth redhead, Ma Hunkel's granddaughter)[/quote']

This is the kind of thing that frustrates me about present day comics.

This could be a really good thing, but it won't be.

I bet she ends up getting the Women in Refrigerators treatment.

I liked the Silver Age Red Tornado. Replacing him with a throwaway "character" of the current variety is unlikely to be an improvement.

Wouldn't it be nice if DC reprinted the complete adventures of Ma Hunkel? As long as it wasn't one of those bogusly expensive hardback editions, I'd buy it.

...Not only does he know how to use his own powers to best effect' date=' but he'd know how to use [i']other[/i] supers' powers to best effect.

Which might make a character like that annoying, if he were to go around all the time saying to other heroes, "You know what would be a really great way to use your powers, is if you. . ."

Or something like that.

There was a power mimic on one of the New Mutants teams that was like this. Fun, fun. :)

I liked the Silver Age Red Tornado. Replacing him with a throwaway "character" of the current variety is unlikely to be an improvement.

Red Tornado is in the JLA.

Wouldn't it be nice if DC reprinted the complete adventures of Ma Hunkel? As long as it wasn't one of those bogusly expensive hardback editions' date=' I'd buy it.[/quote']

Good news and bad news here. They are reprinting them, together with several other golden age characters, in the JSA All Star Archives line. I picked up the first volume of these beautiful HC editions today.