Help with CoH name

JmOz

Re: Help with CoH name

Meh - looked at a couple of the screenshots, read a couple pages of the discussion thread. Looks neat enough, but not enough to get me to re-up my account. I'm honestly not interested in new powersets; I'd rather have a non-combat skill game expansion. Really, that's probably what it will take to get me to re-up my account. (And no, Crafting/the Market doesn't count - it was a fine addition as far as MMORPGs go, but ultimately violated genre conventions for me to enjoy as part of a supers game.)

EDIT - sorry, forgot to answer the question -

Black Jack - Minor tarot reference: Swords correspond to Spades, and Jack is basically 11: 1+1. Also consider variations on Deuce (2)

King Suicide - reference to the King of hearts, aka the Suicide King. Called so because it looks like he's stabbing himself in the head with his sword; however, the traditional drawing of the King of hearts has two swords. Not in each hand, unfortunately, but rather in the reverse image. That's close enough for most comic book names...

Ring 5 - Miyamoto Musashi was the original dual-sword wielding badass, and actually wrote a book (Book of the Five Rings) on how to do it.

Gorin Nosho - the Japanese for "Book of the 5 Rings", pushed together to make a first and last name.

Heiho Silver - Heiho is "the way of the strategist" from Book of the 5 Rings; adding in Silver! is just a funny way to turn it into a name.

Bryce - the name alliteration of "Brace", which in western fencing refers to two rapiers designed to be used together (ie, specifically designed for the left and right hand.)

Sinawali - the name used in Phillipino stick fighting for the dual-stick practice drills; however, the sticks themselves are just practice weapons for actual blades. Other possible related names would be Kali, Arnis, or Escrima. "Kali Sinawali" sounds like a woman, but might work.

Dual (play on duel and annotating the pair)

BladeWind

ArcTwist (meh)

Dervish

Berzerker Barrage

Drizzt (hehehehe, sorry, 5467 of these lined up already probably)

Saladmaker

Slice 'n Dice

Cutbane

Furlow

Miyamoto

Musashi

Balance

Lateral Variance

HyperSpastic Swordsman

Wrought

There's probably a zillion of these too, right after Drizz'zz'zt and friends:

Soulcalibur

Also:

Cervante

Yoshimitsu

Then I guess some famous swords:

Excalibur

Sword in the Stone - might be a good nane for Sword/Stone Tanker.

Caliburn

Callandor

Long Claw

Mournblade

Stormbringer

(The) Black Blade

Soul Cutter

Tessaiga

Nothung