Doubling Damage Question

krayzdave

Re: Doubling Damage Question

Personally I would add Deadly Blow in last.

(Base Damage + Added Damage) + Deadly Blow.

Base + Added cannot more than double a Killing Weapons DCs. Then tack Deadly Blow on after all that's been done. But that's just me.

Unless I'm grossly mistaken, that's exactly what I said. Base Damage (4) doubles to a max of (8) assume +2 DC Killing Blow, final max is 10, not 12 (i.e., were you to add it in as the Base Damage it's listed as, your 4 becomes 6 and doubles to 12).

You owe me rep again, GA.

Unless I'm grossly mistaken, that's exactly what I said. Base Damage (4) doubles to a max of (8) assume +2 DC Killing Blow, final max is 10, not 12 (i.e., were you to add it in as the Base Damage it's listed as, your 4 becomes 6 and doubles to 12).

You owe me rep again, GA.

Oh yeah. I failed my Comprehension Roll obviously.

These words you use, they make no sense to me.

Personally I would add Deadly Blow in last.

(Base Damage + Added Damage) + Deadly Blow.

Base + Added cannot more than double a Killing Weapons DCs. Then tack Deadly Blow on after all that's been done. But that's just me.

Personally - and speaking from experience - I wouldn't add deadly blow in at all. It's confusing, contradicts the stated rules and way unbalanced.

Stick with the basic rule: you can't do more than double the weapon's base damage - everything else (Damage classes, STR over the STR min, CSLs, etc) adds to that.

If the player wants a lethal attack, let them buy it with points as a fighting trick: I had a player who wanted a deadly knife fighter. He bought a 1d6 HKA, 0 END with weapon of opportunity (any knife, -1/2), real weapon (-1/4) for 12 points. That let him do 2d6HKA with 15 STR. That costs more than Deadly blow, but reflects its actual utility.

cheers, Mark

• 1 month later...