Guess the inspiration behind this superteam!

Doc Samson

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Guess the inspiration behind this superteam!

Cheshire

The Green Man

Warp

Razor

Purity

Persuasion

Schrodinger's Cat

If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

???

Occam's Razor

???

???

By chance are they all paradoxes? I think that would also be a good name for the team.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_paradoxes

Cheshire

The Green Man

Warp

Razor

Purity

Persuasion

Schrodinger's Cat

If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

???

Occam's Razor

???

???

By chance are they all paradoxes?

We have a winner. But note that Occam's Razor is not paradoxical. That character was giving me a problem but I've finally figured out what was wrong with him. He needed another power, the power to create a duplicate of himself.

Purity

It is unwise to attack Purity, the team's healer since her forcefield is apparently impenetrable and she can easily disable any opponent by teleporting them anywhere she wants (never anywhere harmful). She is by far the most powerful of them, but even though she verbally tries to persuade them not to commit crimes, she never stops them or leaves.

Persuasion

A silver-tongued compulsive liar, Persuasion can confuse and deceive anyone he talks to.

Purity would be the classic God Paradox - how do you reconcile Omniscience, Omnipotence, and Omnibenevolence?

Persuasion is the grandfather of all paradoxes, the Creten Paradox or Liar's Paradox. I am lying to you. And this sentence is false.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary thinks the one you missed is the Grandfather Paradox (not to be confused with the grandfather of paradoxes...) - Anilosenex, the gender bending dimension hopping time traveller who killed his own grandfather - several times...

• 1 month later...

Only three members, but I bet someone gets it:

Phantom Horseman usually comes in from above. His usual tactic is to try to drive someone into the arms of his teammates.

Firetrap is an everburning humanoid figure who likes to encircle people with a wall of flame.

The One In The Blackness lurks in a perpetual Darkness field and has never been seen. Those dragged into the darkness are never seen again either.

Lucius Alexander

Trying to keep the palindromedary from giving it away

Only three members, but I bet someone gets it:

Phantom Horseman usually comes in from above. His usual tactic is to try to drive someone into the arms of his teammates.

Firetrap is an everburning humanoid figure who likes to encircle people with a wall of flame.

The One In The Blackness lurks in a perpetual Darkness field and has never been seen. Those dragged into the darkness are never seen again either.

Lucius Alexander

Trying to keep the palindromedary from giving it away

Songs performed by Johnny Cash?

'Ghost Riders in the Sky', 'Ring of Fire' and 'Man In Black' respectively.

I think this one is easy so I will keep the descriptions brief.

Vital - life based powers (such as plant growth and healing)

Shine - light and heat based powers

Wither - death based powers (such as withering and life draining)

Frost - weather and based powers

it's the four seasons' date=' Spring, Summer, Autumn & Winter respectively[/quote']

You got it. I think I should have used the Fantastic Four as a template to make it less obvious. Something like...

Mr. Life - plant based metamorph with stretching powers

The Human Sun - a flying energy projector with light and heat based powers

The Heap - a heap of decaying vegetation with invulnerability and the ability to wither objects (that sometimes gives the appearance of super strength).

Cold Girl (or Woman) - can generate ice and blinding storms

Ill give it a go...

Aphrodite: Beautiful redhead who uses her looks to get close enough to people to use her martial arts skills on them.

Apollo: Leader of the group: a tall, athletic blond man. Brave, tough, and very strong, and a good all-around fighter. Smarter than most people give him credit for.

Cerebus: Giant hunting dog with uncanny intelligence and unwavering loyalty to the group.

Athena: Brilliant geek-girl who can expertly analyze people, places, and things. Inventor and gadgeteer.

Mercury: A lean man who can run extremely quickly, but his speed comes at the cost of a voracious appetite. Inquisitive and lucky. Not a great tactician.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll play with this group of villains:

The Losers

Young Offender - A millionaire industrialist with delusions of grandeur and an armoured battlesuit.

Lupus - A latin-American werewolf and con artist.

Onyx - A stony-skinned brick with a sense of superiority.

Hunter - A ninja with a black sense of humour.

Chaos - A former hood rat granted energy blasting powers.

Mindsweeper - A psionicist who affects a mystical air to confuse her opponents.

The first character's main power is to teleport others. He spends a lot of time in combat moving innocents out of harm's way.

The second character is a super-soldier and interface between the party and their government patrons.

The third character is an invulnerable survivalist type.

Triad:

Primal: A fast aggressive, not too bright brick fond of destroying things, eating, and (ineptly) hitting on women.

Prodigy: A boastful telekinetic genius. His telekinesis isn't very powerful but it helps him assemble devices in a hurry

Persuasion: An empath who can receive and project emotions. She keeps the other two from becoming supervillains

Triad:

Primal: A fast aggressive, not too bright brick fond of destroying things, eating, and (ineptly) hitting on women.

Prodigy: A telekinetic genius. His telekinesis isn't very powerful but it helps him assemble devices in a hurry

Persuasion: An empath who can receive and project emotions. She keeps the other two from becoming supervillains

the sisters from Charmed?