Cool Guns for your Games

Remjin

I don't get that at all.  How is that more convenient or useful than just wearing a holster?  Adding all that weight to the front of your gun for what reason, exactly?

Saves you having to waste time with all that drawing and aiming silliness.

Assuming you filled it with alternating calibers (one .460 S&W Magnum, one .45 Long Colt, one .454 Casull, one .460 S&W Magnum, and one .45 Long Colt), would the firearm likely suffer a malfunction as it cycled through the various rounds?

The revolver wouldn't, but the operator might.

Have monster hunters upgraded to platinum these days? Talk about inflation, it used to be silver.

Now, platinum has a higher melting point than silver (3,215°F vs 1,763°F), and silver's already a royal pain to mold into bullets due to this. Especially if you're a DIY type. What I'd do is load shotgun shells with the metal, and carry them in a side saddle on a pump shotgun. No need to try to mold the metal, just let fly blunderbuss style at close range with the non-aerodynamic projectiles.

Platinum would probably be really hard on rifling, and unless you want a catalytic converter, I don't see a point... silver is expensive enough...

Now you see...that's why Monster hunting should be left to the pros :whistle:  platinium bypasses turtle chi,and a sabot protects the barrel... :winkgrin: Blessed by a priest takes down those hopping Vamps real nice...

Platinum also has a higher density even than depleted uranium, twice that of lead, so the slug mass will be quite high.

EDIT: Well, if it's a solid slug the same volume as another. Put a sabot on it and obviously that need not be true.

My memory is that there was asserted to be fully automatic shotgun weapons on the death strips between East & West Germany in the 1960s and 1970s, which probably would have looked like that, albeit in heavy fixed mounts.