Ten Spider-Man Appearances That Will Never Hit Hollywood

Susano

Long after humans succumb to self-induced extinction, alien anthropologists are going to visit Earth and come to an obvious conclusion: Spider-Man was our God. Even if you discount the unholy rotten truckloads of Slurpee cups and action figures used to market the films, Spider-Man's so much a part of our collective consciousness that he may as well be a God -- we use the story to tell moral fables and ... forget it. Just forget it.

I was trying to put an intellectual spin on everything here, but the fact is that I'm a nerd and way more stoked about Spider-Man 3 than an adult should be. The whole point of life is to be excited about stuff, as excited as you can be, and I'm trying my damnedest to access the passion I felt for Spider-Man as a kid. It's working pretty well, too. So instead of inflating this post with a bunch of pseudo-intellectual nonsense, I'll get to the nerdy fun.

Here's ten incarnations of Spider-Man that will never, ever make it into a movie:

http://andiamnotlyingforreal.blogspot.com/2007/05/ten-spider-man-appearances-that-will.html

480012075_1ff4e5a593_o.jpg

Re: Ten Spider-Man Appearances That Will Never Hit Hollywood

Long after humans succumb to self-induced extinction, alien anthropologists are going to visit Earth and come to an obvious conclusion: Spider-Man was our God.

My apartment will no doubt be known to them as a prominent shrine to the worship of the webbed one - what with all the idols crafted in his image, the vast number of holy documents, and the video records of his exploits...

:eek: Peter Parker bitten by a radioactive elephant?!! :idjit: And his arch foe is The Green Mongoose.:confused:

Wouldn't his foe be a mouse of some sort? Plus you'd have to replace spidey sense with Eidetic Memory - I don't even want to think about what he'd fling.

Ganesh man

Ganesh Man

Does whatever a Ganesh can

Eats a bun, with his nose

Forgets nothing, we suppose

Look out

Here comes the Ganesh Man

Is he strong?

Listen punk

He's got a prehensile trunk!

Can he squirt

Water through it

Check it out, nothing to it!

In the heat or chill

When there's trees to move

Like a walking hill

His strength he'll prove

Ganesh Man

Ganesh Man

One-Tusked Hindu Ganesh Man

On their shoulders

Lifted High

Hernias

He'll supply

No sir, he isn't just a fable

And he sleeps in a stable

Pachyderm Ganesh man!

Ganesh man

Ganesh Man

Does whatever a Ganesh can

Eats a bun, with his nose

Forgets nothing, we suppose

Look out

Here comes the Ganesh Man

Is he strong?

Listen punk

He's got a prehensile trunk!

Can he squirt

Water through it

Check it out, nothing to it!

In the heat or chill

When there's trees to move

Like a walking hill

His strength he'll prove

Ganesh Man

Ganesh Man

One-Tusked Hindu Ganesh Man

On their shoulders

Lifted High

Hernias

He'll supply

No sir, he isn't just a fable

And he sleeps in a stable

Pachyderm Ganesh man!

Repped

That is the first evidence I've seen on the internet that The Electric Company ever existed. I've been looking too.

I think Morgan Freeman is trying to cover his embarrassing early days in show business.

I grew up watching those shows on Channel 13 in New York. That was actually kind of a nostalgic moment there. I note the blogger made a comment about the narrator's accent. Obviously, he has never been to New York. That kid's accent was mild by comparison.

Long after humans succumb to self-induced extinction, alien anthropologists are going to visit Earth and come to an obvious conclusion: Spider-Man was our God. Even if you discount the unholy rotten truckloads of Slurpee cups and action figures used to market the films, Spider-Man's so much a part of our collective consciousness that he may as well be a God -- we use the story to tell moral fables and ... forget it. Just forget it.

I was trying to put an intellectual spin on everything here, but the fact is that I'm a nerd and way more stoked about Spider-Man 3 than an adult should be. The whole point of life is to be excited about stuff, as excited as you can be, and I'm trying my damnedest to access the passion I felt for Spider-Man as a kid. It's working pretty well, too. So instead of inflating this post with a bunch of pseudo-intellectual nonsense, I'll get to the nerdy fun.

Here's ten incarnations of Spider-Man that will never, ever make it into a movie: http://andiamnotlyingforreal.blogspo...that-will.html

OK. I have just been watching those clips, and I have a question about the Japanese one that I have yet to see asked.

When the H*LL did Spidey get a GIANT ROBOT???? :confused:

Gemphyre

OK. I have just been watching those clips, and I have a question about the Japanese one that I have yet to see asked.

When the H*LL did Spidey get a GIANT ROBOT???? :confused:

Gemphyre

At that time, everyone in Japan had a giant robot.

It was the law.

At that time' date=' [i']everyone [/i]in Japan had a giant robot.

It was the law.

I know. I am a big fan of anime myself, and I have seen quite a number of shows from that time period. The Giant Robot was, and still is really, the first choice in combat against the main bad guy if at all possible.

Spidey is just seems to be one of the least likely heros to have one, and completely out of character for him. Reed Richards and Iron Man would both build their own without a problem, and Captain America would get a Star Spangled Robot from the military. But perpetually broke Spidey living with his Aunt May? Sure, he could build one, but where would he get the parts?

(Quick answer, from the remains of other robots that were destroyed by the FF, Cap, and Iron Man. All they would need is a new paint job. :) )

Gemphyre

I know. I am a big fan of anime myself, and I have seen quite a number of shows from that time period. The Giant Robot was, and still is really, the first choice in combat against the main bad guy if at all possible.

Spidey is just seems to be one of the least likely heros to have one, and completely out of character for him. Reed Richards and Iron Man would both build their own without a problem, and Captain America would get a Star Spangled Robot from the military. But perpetually broke Spidey living with his Aunt May? Sure, he could build one, but where would he get the parts?

(Quick answer, from the remains of other robots that were destroyed by the FF, Cap, and Iron Man. All they would need is a new paint job. :) )

Gemphyre

Okay then, how did he get the parts for that damn wall-crawling dune buggy then? Am I the only one who remembers that abomination?

It was built for him by an old guy. A guy who turned out to be THE TINKERER! His ENEMY built it to lure him into a false sense of security and then KILL him.

I thought it was a pretty good plan, myself.

It was built for him by an old guy. A guy who turned out to be THE TINKERER! His ENEMY built it to lure him into a false sense of security and then KILL him.

I thought it was a pretty good plan, myself.

I never read the books where it appeared. I remember looking at the cover and thinking it was a stupid idea. I was like ten or something.

Spidey is just seems to be one of the least likely heros to have one' date=' and completely out of character for him. Reed Richards and Iron Man would both build their own without a problem, and Captain America would get a Star Spangled Robot from the military. But perpetually broke Spidey living with his Aunt May? Sure, he could build one, but where would he get the parts?[/quote']

As I recall, Japanese Spider-Man got his powers from an alien and the robot was the transformed version of the alien's ship.

But ... how do you stop a giant' date=' invulnerable, magically-enraged Lou Albano?[/quote']

Actually (not to sound overly serious about this) I was mostly refering to the first panel of the last page.

The one where Superman, Spiderman, Batman, and Nagraj are all laughing at the fact that it was Nagraj and not Superman who killed Captain Lou.

Actually (not to sound overly serious about this) I was mostly refering to the first panel of the last page.

The one where Superman, Spiderman, Batman, and Nagraj are all laughing at the fact that it was Nagraj and not Superman who killed Captain Lou.

I noticed it went from "He's my friend" to "He's got to die" pretty quick.