Looking for an adventure to run at a gaming convention.

Whimsical

I would like to run a HERO Games adventure at a gaming convention, but I'm teh suxx at creating them. I don't know if HERO Games have some downloadable adventures that are intended to be run in a four hour slot. Something to showcase a sourcebook or the HERO game itself. Or, if one of you have some detailed notes of an adventure that you ran at a con.

The adventures I like the most are like the RPGA Classics that used to be run several years ago. Where not only the adventure was detailed, but there were pregenerated PCs built toward the adventure, along with described personalities and interrelationships. There's this Golden Age Champions RPGA adventure that I have kept and ran several times for the RPG players that I play with.

I know it's a tall order. But I'm checking to see if such an adventure is available for me to run.

Thanks.

Re: Looking for an adventure to run at a gaming convention.

I would like to run a HERO Games adventure at a gaming convention, but I'm teh suxx at creating them. I don't know if HERO Games have some downloadable adventures that are intended to be run in a four hour slot. Something to showcase a sourcebook or the HERO game itself. Or, if one of you have some detailed notes of an adventure that you ran at a con.

The adventures I like the most are like the RPGA Classics that used to be run several years ago. Where not only the adventure was detailed, but there were pregenerated PCs built toward the adventure, along with described personalities and interrelationships. There's this Golden Age Champions RPGA adventure that I have kept and ran several times for the RPG players that I play with.

I know it's a tall order. But I'm checking to see if such an adventure is available for me to run.

Thanks.

I recommend getting a copy of Villainy Amok and opening it to a random page.

Well, one of my favourite one-offs for people who have never played Hero before is the Coates Shambler from an early Adventurers Club. It needs a small amount of work - such as drawing up a few pre-gens.

I'd suggest playing it once with your regular gaming group, telling them in advance that you want to use it and will be looking for comment - you iron out one or two wrinkles in your use of the adventure that way.

It is a pulp adventure which I find goes down well with a maximum of people and allows you to showcase the system without the majority of D20 fiends comparing it relentlessly against their favourite system and the superhero bias that you get in other places.

If you do not have access to that adventure, I have used a few of Steve's 'penny dreadfuls' to good effect for one-off entertainment. They need a bit more fleshing out with NPCs and possibly maps and pre-gens but if all you need is the advneture frame - then they are a good (and cheap) way to go....

Just go to the store - look up adventures and there are a huge range of them sitting there at $3-5. Well worth the download for this kind of thing.

Doc

Is there a particular genre that you prefer to run, e.g. supers, fantasy, sci-fi? Hero Games's electronic magazine, Digital Hero, has published a number of adventures suitable for con runs. If you go here you'll find a list of them, categorized by genre, with a short descriptive blurb for each.

If you're interested in supers, I recommend Infectious Enthusiasm from DH #9. It's specifically designed for a con session, with full teams of pregen heroes and villains that aren't too complicated, and a good mix of combat and problem-solving elements.

Weren't there some pre-gen adventures in the Legion of Heroes section of the site?

Yes, that's one of the purposes of the Legion - to maintain an archive of adventures that volunteers can run as demos. You have to be one of the Legion of Heroes volunteers to access them, though.

I'd like to point you to the info on how to join the Legion, but I'm afraid I'm having trouble locating that via the new website layout. :o

Yes, that's one of the purposes of the Legion - to maintain an archive of adventures that volunteers can run as demos. You have to be one of the Legion of Heroes volunteers to access them, though.

I'd like to point you to the info on how to join the Legion, but I'm afraid I'm having trouble locating that via the new website layout. :o

Yeah, I went to check the LoH section myself and realized I couldn't find it.

If you're interested in supers' date=' I recommend [i']Infectious Enthusiasm[/i] from DH #9. It's specifically designed for a con session, with full teams of pregen heroes and villains that aren't too complicated, and a good mix of combat and problem-solving elements.

Thanks Lord Liaden. He is correct. I specifically designed it as a way to introduce folks to Champions at a con or sponsored event. When I tried to give it away Dave intercepted it and said it would make a great DH article. :thumbup:

Crud, I completely forgot about the Legion? How do I see if I'm still a member? I haven't exactly been active for the past 2 years or so.

Ive published a couple of con-friendly adventures with Pre-gens in Digital HERO.

PROJECT: PREDATOR : Amnesiac mutants try to escape their captors and remain free in this mutants-on-the-run convention game. DH 29, PAGE 23

THROUGH A MIRROR DARKLY: The real Champions have been replaced by their evil counterparts. Your team of heroes is sent to the rescue. DH 38, PAGE 28

Weren't there some pre-gen adventures in the Legion of Heroes section of the site?

I've got a Champs adventure up on the LoH site. It's a simple run-and-gun but can be a lot of fun with the right players. :)

Bill.

(Assuming anyone can find the LoH site, that is...) :think: