WWYCD: Dead Enemies are no fun.

Adventus

Re: WWYCD: Dead Enemies are no fun.

Pulsar being half composed of energyreally does not or canot party to excessm and since his 'secret' hideout is in the asteroid field, would review the security tapes to make sure that he had been where he thinks he was, and then contact SHIELD, send a copy of the files to them saying that he was not even on the planet at the time, (which should be a pretty decent alibi). He would also tell SHIELD that if he delibrately killed someone they woud be disassociating atoms and would be a bit hard to find. Pulsar would figure that since the nemesis was dead and a serious threat to this reality then whoever killed him should get a medal.

How many here woudl just have their supergroup fake an alibi for them, in case they didnt have one or had a Secret ID? Sort of surpised thats not a mentioned option.

Well, of course, none of my Secret ID heroes turn themselves over.

Hornet would let the team mentalist read his mind to verify to the team he didnt do it. they wouldnt ask, they know Hornet doesnt kill, but he woudl insist. Then some of them--with Public identities, would provide an alibi.

The refusal to turn himself in would be lexplained. He would make himself availabel to answer questions.

His public statement would be frank.

"I will not be taken into custody by the authorities. That would, of course, mean revealing my identity. I have made myself available for questioning. I have a strong alibi by my team mates, upstanding members of this community honored for saving the world over and over again and tremendous personal sacrifice. To verify the matter even further, Minds Eye has read my mind to make sure I was not mentally corerced or had my memories tampered with.

My public opposition to avoid fatalities is well known. The tendency for villains and criminal organizations to frame heroes is also well known. The rather clumsy nature of this frame job--a murder after a combat where I would have readily had a self defense claim is simply beyond any serious consideration.

AKA Heroes will investigate this matter, and we will bring the murderer to justice, without fail. As we always do."

Blaze would simply say "Wasn't me." He'd look for Cosmic energy traces (if someone coudl simulate his powers, they'd have to have some cosmic energy traces" and he'd get to work.

Ranger would tell the police "Listen guys--you know me. If I had wanted to kill this guy, you wouldnt have found the body or any evidence." He'd copperate with the investigation--up until the point of being taken into custody. He'd call in his intelligence and federal connections--or simply go underground again and investigate on his own.

Seer would curse PSI for setting him up. The team would just skip town in the extradimensional Mysteru Machine if they had to--or hit the street and find who did this set up job. Ephram's underground and off the grid anyway--being wanted really wouldnt change his lifestyle any.

Eclipse would cooperate, fearful for certain reasons maybe he did do it.

Vitus D'Rhazz ur Kashrak ul Rraschd would be quite annoyed, and if interrogated or cross-examined would explain, at length, that whilst Scorpia may well have been half-devoured, alive, by giant scorpions, that would be nothing, and not not nearly as sadistic or prolonged, compared to what Vitus REALLY would have done to her if he had caught up with her first.

He would then offer, if they give him the chance to piss on her remains first, identify and hunt down whoever if responsible for denying him his chance at bloody revenge.

This admittedly would not look good in court.

Truman/Zero, on the other hand, would wonder what counts as his lethal power set, since he doesn't have one.

Hmm, after thinking this over for a bit...

Artemis: Elecktra's dead? Artemis wouldn't shed any tears, but she's not going to go peacefully if they try and arrest her(More likely running like hell then fighting, though.). Hopefully, her team can calm her down, and try to figure it out... though we did have someone successfully frame someone else with something close to Artemis's powers...

Crown Princess Cyrande: Hmm.... tough to say. Then again, if she killed someone, it would likely be either very, very messy or untraceable. While she can't be arrested(Thank goodness for diplomatic immunity), she'd still be pissed. Though likely, whoever does it will mess up, because no one on Earth really knows her full power set.

Nox: Okay, while her powerset is slightly distinctive(shadowmage), her rep as a complete respecter of life would help. On the other hand... she was known to be possessed by her old teammates, and a lot of mystics are just waiting for her to take a fall. She'd likely trust her teammates to take care of it, and allow herself to be arrested unless she got a bad feeling about it. (Honestly, she could get out of anything short of a major mystical prison or Cold Sleep, but since that shouldn't be anyone's first option for this...)

Bc: Wrt Artemis vs Electra' date=' there is easy out- telepathic examination. Its already exonerated one animal shifter that got framed for murder, after all. :)[/quote']

She's also got a couple of telepathic blocks in her head, that I get the feeling it would take Minos to get through. And she's really not likely to do that, given what it will show.

Voltaic would laugh and 'go to the mattresses', trusting his teammates to assist him, since he is a good guy and has never actually killed a villain. Blinded yes, killed no.

Rakshasa *chuckles* would call on his 'special friends' for assistance. While Thunderpussy and her friends kept the police busy he would go to the crime scene and do a bit of investigation, using his tracking senses to catch the scent of the real murderer and start tracking that purrson down. It's not always a disadvantage to be the love toy of super villainesses, even if it does make you suspect to your friends and teammates...