Kudos to Killer Shrike

Susano

I picked up the Monsternomicon the other day due to the sheer awesomeness of some of its creatures (Iron Lich, anyone?) and felt that I had to convert some of these to HERO for the enjoyment of all. Being a D&D 3.5 book, I knew it would have a lot more mechanics that I was used to, and would allow for a far more detailed character conversion. And this where Killer Shrike comes in. His D&D v3 to HERO notes have been invaluable in my conversions and have allowed me to create some nice HERO monsters for you to use in your games. So hold a bit, and I'll start posting a bestiary of the Iron Kingdoms, complete with Bridge Trolls, Iron Liches, Pistol Wraiths, Boatmen, and more!

For shizzle, Kizzle Shrizzle!

I should like to add that Killer Shrike does not only offer a plethora of information for converting material from The Game Which Shall Not Be Named, but also brilliant insight into world design. His suggestions on Magic design alone are worth a look.

There should be a sticky or F.A.Q. stating that no one is allowed to post to the Fantasy Hero forum until after they have reviewed Killer Shrike's site. Really.

Re: For shizzle, Kizzle Shrizzle!

There should be a sticky or F.A.Q. stating that no one is allowed to post to the Fantasy Hero forum until after they have reviewed Killer Shrike's site. Really.

this is more or less exactly what i did when i first came here because i was starting a fh game. many were the questions in my head that were answered and many were my ideas refined for use in the hero system by reading through KS's site.

a wealth of info. :thumbup:

Re: Kudos to Killer Shrike

Glad you guys like. If I ever get time to finish it, Ill have a major update to the site soon in the form of much better navigation. I got the core logic working a couple of weeks ago, but have to go thru the pages and hook them into it, which is time consuming.

Soon though....

When it comes to character and world creation' date=' a team-up of Killer Shrike and Susano seems like it would be a fantastic combination.[/quote']

Why thank you.

In case anyone cares, I have completed character sheets for the Bridge Troll and the Satyxis. I'll post them when I have around 6 or so completed.

I like it the layout, but a few stylistic quibbles.

Pretty much all of the text hugs its margins too closely (this is most evident in the submenus) it almost looks like the text is overlapping the left margin in several places.

I think the frame lines could be a little thicker to better frame the text, but that isn't much of a problem really.

TB

Here's what I am working on, in one form or another:

Complete

Bridge Troll

Satyxis

Need Flavor Text

Argus

Dregg

In Progress

Boatman

Dracodile

Iron Lich

Old Man Of The Swamp

Planned

Pistol Wraith (and others)

Here's what I am working on, in one form or another:

Complete

Bridge Troll

Satyxis

Need Flavor Text

Argus

Dregg

In Progress

Boatman

Dracodile

Iron Lich

Old Man Of The Swamp

Planned

Pistol Wraith (and others)

Cool...if you run in to any unusual circumstances or gaps in the conversion notes, feel free to ping me.

Cool...if you run in to any unusual circumstances or gaps in the conversion notes' date=' feel free to ping me.[/quote']

Yeah... how does one write-up an Iron Kingdoms dragon??? :D

Actually, the only question I have at the moment is the Boatman's power to summon and dispel his boat. Is this Summon Boat, or some weird sort of TK?

Yeah... how does one write-up an Iron Kingdoms dragon??? :D

Actually, the only question I have at the moment is the Boatman's power to summon and dispel his boat. Is this Summon Boat, or some weird sort of TK?

Sounds like a custom ability...could just be a SFX of a UBO Swimming power.

Hmm...well' date=' thats what I use and develop against. Im not having that issue; could you screenshot it and mail it to me?[/quote']Here you go, I've circled the areas I'm talking about.

The primary ones are the sub menus, those just look bad. The other areas I circled could just use a little bit more room away from the edge of the frame.

TB

Here you go, I've circled the areas I'm talking about.

The primary ones are the sub menus, those just look bad. The other areas I circled could just use a little bit more room away from the edge of the frame.

TB

Oh...yeah, that's not what I thought you meant. That's actually by design -- I like it like that. I don't like cell padding.