The New Mutants and The Hellions

Cold Steel

Are there any write-ups out there for the New Mutants( Prodigal, Surge, Wind-dancer, Wallflower, Icarus and Elixer) and the Hellions (Hellion, Rockslide, Mercury, Tag, Dust and Wither)?

Need them for a Teen Champions mini campaign i'm about to run. Although i could do the write-ups myself, i think it be easier if they're some already created.

Thanks in advance!

Re: The New Mutants and The Hellions

The Collected DC & Marvel Writeups (Thanks Enforcer84)

http://herogame.dans.cust.servlets.net/forums/showpost.php?p=970203&postcount=1

Uncanny X-Men - The Wild Hunt (Thanks Ghost Archer)

http://the-wild-hunt.org/x-men/index.html

Matt's Champions Page - The 250 Point Project

http://www.angelfire.com/scifi2/mathew/champions.html

Dejay's Champions Write Ups

http://www.mactyre.net/scm/deejay/champs/writeups.html

Red October

http://www.mactyre.net/october/index.html

The Great Net Book of Real Heroes – Comic Book Conversions

http://www.sysabend.org/champions/gnborh/index.html

The New Mutants - Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Mutants

The New Mutants - Marvel Database Project

http://www.marveldatabase.com/New_Mutants

Hellions - Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hellions_%28comics%29

Hellions - Marvel Database Project

http://www.marveldatabase.com/Hellions

Marvel Comics RPG

http://www.marvelrpg.net/

HERO Characteristic Conversions

http://hierax.com/hero/house/cha.html

That's about all I can think of for now. The Newer Hellions and New Mutants may not be in any of them. Good Luck.

QM

P.S.: DC Heroes by Black Industries

Wolfsbane' date=' last I knew was a member of X-Factor along with Havok, Polaris, Masrox, Quicksilver and Strong Guy[/quote']

And Marvel seriously screwed up her look to. Rahne's only supposed to look wolfy when she's actually in WOLF FORM. Otherwise she looks like a normal girl, albiet a normal girl who's occasionally fuzzy.

well it seems and intreasting concept so i just threw together a version of DUST will have a go at the rest of the characters this week i love new mutants been buying it since issue 1 just a shame the wider marvel-verse has been futzing with them so much. ok here's my first go at dust

Dust - Sooraya Qadir

VAL...CHA...Cost...Total...Roll......Notes

10....STR.....0...10......11-.......HTH Damage 2d6 END [1]

15....DEX.....15...15......12-.......OCV 5 DCV 5

10....CON.....0...10......11-

10....BODY....0...10......11-

16....INT.....6...16......12-.......PER Roll 12-

18....EGO.....16...18......13-.......ECV: 6

14....PRE.....4...14......12-.......PRE Attack: 2 1/2d6

10....COM.....0...10......11-

2....PD......0...2.............2 PD (0 rPD)

2....ED......0...2.............2 ED (0 rED)

2....SPD.....0...2.................Phases: 6, 12

4....REC.....0...4

20....END.....0...20

20....STUN....0...20

6....RUN......0...6"................END [1]

2....SWIM.....0...2"................END [1]

2....LEAP.....0...2"................2" forward, 1" upward

CHA Cost: 41

Cost...POWERS

.....dust form - END=

34.....1) the sands get in everything: Desolidification (affected by wind powers and heat powers), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (60 Active Points); Cannot Pass Through Solid Objects (-1/2), Visible (-1/4) - END=0

30.....2) sand is hard to see: Invisibility to Sight, Hearing, Smell/Taste and Mental Groups , Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (52 Active Points); Linked (the sands get in everything; -1/2), Bright Fringe (-1/4) - END=0

31.....3) made of sand: Life Support (Immunity All terrestrial poisons and chemical warfare agents; Immunity: All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Self-Contained Breathing) (39 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) - END=0

62.....4) the relentless sand storm: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 1d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Armor Piercing (x2; +1), Continuous (+1), Area Of Effect (8" Any Area; +1), Conforming (+1/2), Selective (+1/4), Affects Physical World (+2) (109 Active Points); No STR Bonus (-1/2), Linked (the sands get in everything; -1/4) - END=0

60.....5) blinding sand storm: Darkness to Sight Group 3" radius, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Affects Physical World (+2) (105 Active Points); No Range (-1/2), Linked (the sands get in everything; -1/4) - END=0

8.....6) even professor x has trouble: Mental Defense (16 points total) (12 Active Points); Linked (the sands get in everything; -1/2) - END=0

POWERS Cost: 225

Cost...SKILLS

0......Language: Arabic (idiomatic; literate) (5 Active Points)

3......Language: English (fluent conversation; literate)

SKILLS Cost: 3

Value..DISADVANTAGES

0.....Distinctive Features: wears a niqab (Easily Concealed; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses; Not Distinctive In Some Cultures)

15.....Psychological Limitation: very shy (Very Common, Moderate)

10.....Social Limitation: strict muslim (Very Frequently, Minor, Not Limiting In Some Cultures)

15.....Distinctive Features: mutant (Not Concealable; Extreme Reaction; Detectable Only By Unusual Senses)

15.....Dependent NPC: her mother 8- (Incompetent)

20.....Hunted: william stryker 8- (Mo Pow, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Harshly Punish)

DISADVANTAGES Points: 75

Base Pts: 200

Exp Required: 0

Total Exp Available: 0

Exp Unspent: 0

Total Character Cost: 269

Are there any write-ups out there for the New Mutants( Prodigal, Surge, Wind-dancer, Wallflower, Icarus and Elixer) and the Hellions (Hellion, Rockslide, Mercury, Tag, Dust and Wither)?

Need them for a Teen Champions mini campaign i'm about to run. Although i could do the write-ups myself, i think it be easier if they're some already created.

Thanks in advance!

Who, who, who, and who?

I mean, seriously, got any links to descriptions for us old school guys?

Question Man posted links above, but the basic rundown is this:

With Emma Frost being one of the good guys now, and co-headmaster (headmistress) of Xavier's along with ol' mon de un orb, the many, many students Xavier's has were assigned mentors / guidance counsellors. These groups basically worked together to learn to a) control their own powers, B) extend their powers, and c) work together. Danger Room assignments and the like, as well as team-on-team challenges.

One of the staff was Danielle Moonstar, our favorite Valkyrie. Her group decided to call themselves the New Mutants in her old team's honor, while Emma Frost's group did essentially the same, calling themselves the Hellions. Cold Steel's just named the 'new lineups', that's all.

Since the whole 'House of M' thing, though, this has been radically screwed, what with only 198 mutants 'surviving' little Wanda Maximoff's psycho-flip-out...

Who, who, who, and who?

I mean, seriously, got any links to descriptions for us old school guys?

Wikipedia links:

New Mutants

Prodigy (not "Prodigal")

Surge

Wind Dancer

Wallflower

Icarus

Elixir

Hellions

Hellion

Rockslide

Mercury

Tag

Dust

Wither

Edit: Oops, didn't see Question Man's links there. Dammit. Plus, thanks to his link, I found the missing ones; might as well put them in.

Wikipedia links:

New Mutants

Prodigy (not "Prodigal")

Surge

Wind Dancer

Wallflower

Icarus

Elixir

Hellions

Hellion

Rockslide doesn't have an entry. He's a brick who can detach body parts, IIRC

Mercury

Tag

Dust

Wither doesn't have an entry. He can instantly decay organic material to dust, living or dead. I think it's uncontrollable, like Rogue's touch.

Edit: Oops, didn't see Question Man's links there. Dammit.

Heh! That's my schtick!

LOL

QM

Are there any write-ups out there for the New Mutants( Prodigal' date=' Surge, Wind-dancer, Wallflower, Icarus and Elixer) and the Hellions (Hellion, Rockslide, Mercury, Tag, Dust and Wither)?[/quote']

Does the fact that I don't know any of these characters mean that I'm Old School . . . or just old? :confused:

Does the fact that I don't know any of these characters mean that I'm Old School . . . or just old? :confused:

Seems like there are an awful lot of us that stopped reading the mutant comics at around the same time. Interesting.

I just started reading them again when I found the local library had a ton of the TPB collections.

Seems like there are an awful lot of us that stopped reading the mutant comics at around the same time. Interesting.

It could be that that's when The Great Iron Age Of Mutant Comic Book Suck-itude started, and a bunch of us got out while the getting was good. Just a theory....

(Opinionated? Who, me? ;) )

It could be that that's when The Great Iron Age Of Mutant Comic Book Suck-itude started, and a bunch of us got out while the getting was good. Just a theory....

Naw.... You are just smart......

Like me :D

From what I remember, it was a combination of things: The aggressively spawning mutant spin-off books and the crossover storylines that asked you to buy a dozen books you normally wouldn't, mainly. Plots that made less sense or changed the feel of a book (or main characters) drastically (Siege Perilous, Australia, etc)...

I think the worship of Badassitude that is my main complaint with the Iron Age started around here, too. Damn Wolverine to hell - not because I dislike him, but because he spawned so many bad imitators.

I might be mixing different periods together, though; I didn't stop buying cold turkey. Point is, it's not the Iron Age storytelling (there are other threads to complain about that), it was mainly the marketing strategies and drop in writing quality for me.

heres my go at elixir

[b]Elixir - Joshua "Josh" Foley[/b]

[b][u]VAL[/u]   [u]CHA[/u]   [u]Cost[/u]   [u]Total[/u]   [u]Roll[/u]      [u]Notes[/u][/b]
21    STR     11   21      13-       HTH Damage 4d6  END [2]
18    DEX     24   18      13-       OCV 6 DCV 6
21    CON     22   21      13-
21    BODY    22   21      13-
14    INT     4   14      12-       PER Roll 12-
21    EGO     22   21      13-       ECV: 7
14    PRE     4   14      12-       PRE Attack: 2 1/2d6
21    COM     6   21      13-
4    PD      0   4             4 PD (0 rPD)
4    ED      0   4             4 ED (0 rED)
4    SPD     12   4                 Phases:  3, 6, 9, 12
8    REC     0   8
42    END     0   42
43    STUN    0   43
6    RUN      0   6"                END [1]
2    SWIM     0   2"                END [1]
4    LEAP     0   4"                4" forward, 2" upward

[b]CHA Cost: 127[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]POWERS[/u][/b]
12     [b][i]self healing[/i][/b]: Power Defense (15 points) (15 Active Points); Nonpersistent (-1/4) - END=0
20     [b][i]purifiication[/i][/b]: Life Support  (Immunity All terrestrial poisons and chemical warfare agents; Immunity: All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents), Usable By Other (+1/4) (25 Active Points); Nonpersistent (-1/4) - END=0
7     [b][i]self healing[/i][/b]: Life Support  (Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum) (9 Active Points); Nonpersistent (-1/4) - END=0
144     [b][i]omega level healer[/i][/b]: Variable Power Pool (healing Pool), 90 base + 54 control cost, Powers Can Be Changed As A Half-Phase Action (+1/2) (157 Active Points); all slots Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4) - END=
0     1) Healing BODY 6 1/2d6, Can Heal Limbs, Resurrection (90 Active Points); Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4) Real Cost: 72 - END=9
0     2) Healing BODY 9d6 (90 Active Points); Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4) Real Cost: 72 - END=9
0     3) Major Transform 6d6 (permenatly injured to fit, repeat injury) (90 Active Points); Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4) Real Cost: 72 - END=9

[b]POWERS Cost: 183[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]SKILLS[/u][/b]
3      Paramedics 12-
2      WF:  Small Arms
7      Seduction 14-
3      Streetwise 12-
3      Teamwork 13-
3      Tactics 12-
3      Persuasion 12-

[b]SKILLS Cost: 24[/b]

[b][u]Value[/u]  [u]DISADVANTAGES[/u][/b]
5     Reputation:  former reaver, 8- (Extreme;  Known Only To A Small Group)
20     Enraged:  when friends threatened (Uncommon), go 14-, recover 11-
15     Distinctive Features:  mutant (Not Concealable; Extreme Reaction; Detectable Only By Technology Or Major Effort)
20     Distinctive Features:  golden skin (Not Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
15     Social Limitation:  minor (Very Frequently, Minor)
20     Psychological Limitation:  total slutboy (Very Common, Strong)

[b]DISADVANTAGES Points: 95[/b]

Exp Required: 39
Total Character Cost: 334

From what I remember' date=' it was a combination of things: The aggressively spawning mutant spin-off books and the crossover storylines that asked you to buy a dozen books you normally wouldn't, mainly. Plots that made less sense or changed the feel of a book (or main characters) drastically (Siege Perilous, Australia, etc)... [/quote']

Totally agree. Although they did lure me back in w/ the Jim Lee artwork & Genoshan/Brood storylines, I felt that the continuity was lost.

A lot of the continuity loss I also attribute to the total disregard of character development, which was always the "glue" that held the X-Men together; the "Fastball Specials", the baseball games, the Kitty/Wolverine relationship, etc., etc.

...and I was all for Kitty "growing up", I always felt she had a LOT of potential, but don't cheese me out by putting in Jubilee as a replacement drop-in. It felt like when Darren got switched w/ a new actor on "Bewitched".

You're right about the "new gen" of characters, too. I'm Gambit, and I'm a badass. I'm Bishop, and I'm a badass. I'm...

and here are wither who i think needs few more psych disadvantages as hes a messed up puppy but anyway

[b]Wither - Kevin Ford[/b]

[b][u]VAL[/u]   [u]CHA[/u]   [u]Cost[/u]   [u]Total[/u]   [u]Roll[/u]      [u]Notes[/u][/b]
12    STR     2   12      11-       HTH Damage 2d6  END [1]
15    DEX     15   15      12-       OCV 5 DCV 5
12    CON     4   12      11-
12    BODY    4   12      11-
14    INT     4   14      12-       PER Roll 12-
12    EGO     4   12      11-       ECV: 4
10    PRE     0   10      11-       PRE Attack: 2d6
16    COM     3   16      12-
2    PD      0   2             2 PD (0 rPD)
2    ED      0   2             2 ED (0 rED)
4    SPD     15   4                 Phases:  3, 6, 9, 12
4    REC     0   4
24    END     0   24
24    STUN    0   24
2    LEAP     0   2"                2" forward, 1" upward

[b]CHA Cost: 51[/b]

52     Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 3d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2), Damage Shield (Offensive; +3/4), Continuous (+1) (169 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about half of its effectiveness (only versus organics; -1), No STR Bonus (-1/2), Always On (-1/2), Limited Power Power loses about a fourth of its effectiveness (requires skin contact; -1/4) - END=0

[b]POWERS Cost: 52[/b]

2      PS: artist 11-
2      PS: scarpyard work 11-
3      Teamwork 12-
3      Tactics 12-

[b]SKILLS Cost: 10[/b]

25     Physical Limitation:  death touch (All the Time, Fully Impairing)
10     Psychological Limitation:  loner (Common, Moderate)
10     Psychological Limitation:  hates using his powers (Uncommon, Strong)
10     Reputation:  kid with death touch, 14- (Known Only To A Small Group)
10     Distinctive Features:  mutant (Not Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable Only By Technology Or Major Effort)

[b]DISADVANTAGES Points: 65[/b]

Total Character Cost: 113

and tag who is kind of lacking as he was never really fleshed out in teh series so no flavour skills

[b]Tag - Brian cruz[/b]

16    STR     6   16      12-       HTH Damage 3d6  END [2]
18    DEX     24   18      13-       OCV 6 DCV 6
17    CON     14   17      12-
14    BODY    8   14      12-
12    INT     2   12      11-       PER Roll 11-
16    EGO     12   16      12-       ECV: 5
14    PRE     4   14      12-       PRE Attack: 2 1/2d6
16    COM     3   16      12-
3    PD      0   3             3 PD (0 rPD)
3    ED      0   3             3 ED (0 rED)
4    SPD     12   4                 Phases:  3, 6, 9, 12
6    REC     0   6
34    END     0   34
31    STUN    0   31
3    LEAP     0   3"                3" forward, 1 1/2" upward

[b]CHA Cost: 85[/b]

135     [b][i]TAG[/i][/b]: Mind Control 18d6, Usable By Other (+1/4), Explosion (+1/2), Selective Target (+1/4), Continuous (+1) (270 Active Points); Set Effect (only to make peopel run to or from tagged object; -1/2), No Range (-1/2) - END=27

[b]POWERS Cost: 135[/b]

3      Teamwork 13-
3      Tactics 11-

[b]SKILLS Cost: 6[/b]

15     Social Limitation:  minor (Frequently, Major)
20     Psychological Limitation:  needs to feel wanted (Very Common, Strong)
10     Distinctive Features:  mutant (Not Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable Only By Technology Or Major Effort)

[b]DISADVANTAGES Points: 45[/b]

Total Character Cost: 226