Who would play this? "Car Hero"

Erkenfresh

Re: Who would play this? "Car Hero"

Modern demolitions is a unique and tricky discipline that includes a limited subset of electronical engineering skills. While it primarily deals with explosives' date=' demolitions courses (federal and military) specifically deal with how to set and/or disarm these kinds of booby-traps, as well as the use of common electical ingition devices. Further, large tanks of feul, when booby-trapped, are jury-rigged explosive devices. While a bright person with the electronics skill could cook something like this up, I still think demolitions is more appropriate, partially because we don't see max doing anything else with electrinics in the movies. He's not an electrician. He's an ex-cop who booby-trapped his car.[/quote']

I bow to the voice of wisdom. 'sides, Demo is far more useful in the wastelands. :D

Modern demolitions is a unique and tricky discipline that includes a limited subset of electronical engineering skills. While it primarily deals with explosives' date=' demolitions courses (federal and military) specifically deal with how to set and/or disarm these kinds of booby-traps, as well as the use of common electical ingition devices. Further, large tanks of feul, when booby-trapped, are jury-rigged explosive devices. While a bright person with the electronics skill could cook something like this up, I still think demolitions is more appropriate, partially because we don't see max doing anything else with electrinics in the movies. He's not an electrician. He's an ex-cop who booby-trapped his car.[/quote']

While I agree with this totally, I would say that Mad Max would have more than just a passing FAM with Electronics. He did rig up his ear-piercing theft alarm in Thunderdome. That being said, like D-Man's comment about Demolitions, Security Systems might work better here with the assumption of Electronics as an integral part of that knowledge.

...and yes, Demolitions are much better suited for the Wastelands but I wouldn't want to be a Drifter/Wanderer without at least a passing knowledge of Electronics.

[Now you have me longing to update Wasteland Hero again... may as well just wait the six months or so to pick up PA Hero and hope it stacks up! ;)]

Modern demolitions is a unique and tricky discipline that includes a limited subset of electronical engineering ...

I might go with Security Systems. That's the basic idea that you're trying to accomplish: make something secure. And the basic means is the same: trip wires, light beams, magnetic sensors, motion detectors, sound detectors. Security Systems would include a fair amount of practical electronic knowledge.

Now to actually blow up a tank of gas, as opposed to just set it on fire, yeah, that would require Demolitions skill. Or a cinematic genre. ;)

I'm trying to think how to do this... Demolitions skill could represent someone who was very skilled about setting explosives in an industrial environment. Like mining for example. This person would not normally know how to rig improvised military style booby traps.

Ditto with Security Systems. Cat burglar type entry skills wouldn't necasarily help with military type booby traps. Hmm, or maybe they would? At a minus... OTOH, would a special forces guy make a good cat burglar? Well perhaps he would.

I think I've talked myself into Security Systems for the basic mechanisms, and Demolitions for making stuff go boom. Security Systems has a few "familiarity groups" like modern security systems, modern military practices, or ancient security systems (think Indiana Jones). Give a minus for those operating out of their familiarity group.