What Have You Watched Recently?

Susano

The sixth episode of The Man from U.N.C.L.E. I haven't seen these before, and I'm really enjoying the interaction of the characters.
It's interesting to watch those, then watch NCIS and hear David McCallum's character telling stories, because I think he slips in ones from UNCLE every once in a while.

Watched Paranorman and the Four with the boy.

Norman can see ghosts and talk with the dead. He is given a mission to stop a witch from rising from the dead and causing problems. He talks her down from her rage.

The Four are masters of kung fu working for the police who are investigating a lord capable of bringing people back as zombies who will attack anything that has been marked. Wire fu and special effects ensue.

CES

The first episode of The Fall. Gillian Anderson is a police Detective Superintendant conducting a 28 day review into an unsolved murder. Meanwhile the killer is stalking his next victim. You get to see the killer's home life with his two children and his job as a bereavement counsellor. Part of this is deeply unsettling. It is very good though.

• 2 weeks later...
Dr Who: The Mind of Evil a six part Jon Pertwee adventure in which the Master tries to start a war by launching a missile at a peace conference while his new device which removes evil impulses from criminals in a prison goes wrong. Roger Delgado is so subtle as the Master he is a joy to watch. Jo Grant gets to shine and unusually for her time is not wearing a mini-skirt but a sensible jumper and trousers (It makes sense as she is in a prison). Michael Sheard is also in this story (Admiral Ozzal to most of you) and is one of the actors to have worked with the most Doctors. Very enjoyable.
Roger Delgado was one of Jon Pertwee's very best friends, and they truly enjoyed working together. I love Delgado's Master -- he had an effortless charm and charisma that later Masters lacked. Derek Jacobi came closest, and he didn't even know he was the Master until the end of the episode. Even without mind control I could see people being fooled by the charm of the Delgado Master.

It was the original plan to stage a final confrontation/duel between the Master and the Doctor in Pertwee's final episode. Roger Delgado's tragic death (in a car accident during a Turkish vacation -- Delgado, like Pertwee, adored fast cars) changed those plans. Instead Pertwee's finale would feature Delgado's widow.

We saw World War Z today. An adequate, entertaining movie, with tention in the right places -- I thought the book was better, but bro begged to disagree. The Third Man hadn't read it, and had no oppinion on the matter.

Also, we saw the first two episodes of Dag, a Norwegian black comedy series. If you can find it with subtitles or a dub, give it a try.