Crude Combined Marvel/DC timeline to use as backstory to a Supers campaign

Shaft

Re: Crude Combined Marvel/DC timeline to use as backstory to a Supers campaign

Ehn. If DC can kill Superman, so can you. I was actually thinking that, given all the Silver Age Superboy and Superman Junior stories, it might be a nice touch for the Golden Age Superman to die as Lois Lane is pregnant with their child. Naturally the boy is also named "Clark" after his father, is mostly raised by his grandparents in Smallville since Lois is a globe-trotting workaholic and eventually he makes his debut as Superman II in 1986 saving a space shuttle from disaster. (Giving a nod to the Byrne reboot).

You might even go so far as to let history repeat itself by involving him with a reporter named Chloe Sullivan.

Repped.....And not too far from a concept I have as a backstory to one of

my still unplayed stable of characters (BowStar). Basically, Superman homage

by the name of Kandor and Wonder Woman homage by the name of

Hippolyte, who are members of the golden age group Guardians Of Liberty,

become romantically involved and, all tho' it's not very golden age, Hippolyte

becomes pregnant. She is in the early days of the pregnancy and has yet

to reveal it to Kandor when their arch nemesis Adamant (a cross between the

Red Skull and Juggernaut) attempts to start World War 3 by launching a missile at

a peace conference being held in NYC. While stopping the missile

Kandor dies and, 9 months later, his daughter is born. Since she shares the

longevity genes of her mother, her aging slows once she passes thru

puberty. Born in 1953, she looks to be in her late twenties. And after due

consideration and training, she has followed in the family tradition and

become a hero. She has (at least, in my head) teamed up with an Iron Man

homage named Sekkou.

-Carl-

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*I am assuming a single-elimination tournament with a losers bracket for Bronze' date=' can anyone confirm or deny?[/quote']

I'm not sure how the boxing tournament worked in 1948 but since at least 1976 (when I started watching the Olympics), the boxing tournament has featured a single elimination format for each weight class. The gold and silver medals for the weight class go, of course, to the winner and loser of the final match while two bronze medals for each weight class to the losers of the semi-final fights.

Hmmm, a little bit of web research seems to indicate that the single elimination tournament per weight class has always been the case; however, awarding two bronze medals did not begin until 1952. Up through 1948, the losers of the semi-final bouts fought each other for the bronze.

• 1 year later...

I was discussing this idea with some friends and decided to add a few new items in this timeline. I thought I'd share them with the group despite the thread necromancy. :D

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1219989&postcount=1

The items I added were:

• Starting the timeline with an event in 1908 to make it an even 100 years;
  • Tied Nick Fury to the Lazarus Pit (instead of that "Infinity Formula";
  • Connected the Roswell crash to Martian Manhunter (who is really a misnamed Skrull in the combined continuity)
  • Attached the signifigance of the Kennedy assassination to Superman's "Death"
  • Made the Joker a member of the Hellfire Club responsbile for driving Phoenix into insanity
  • Tied some of the Civil War elements to Kingdom Come
  • Worked in Lex Luthor's Presidency (and let him get away with it!)

More thoughts and comments welcome on this.

[*]Worked in Lex Luthor's Presidency (and let him get away with it!)

An Evil Genius president who's competent? We've done worse.

As to the Martian Manhunter being a skrull, good call; always good to keep the number of similar alien races down. The original Squadron Supreme used that, and also had the Skrull give Dr.Prism (Silver Age Green Lantern) his Power Prism (Power Ring); the Prism was, iirc, the ship's power source.

In one of my own combined timelines, the Martian Manhunter was a shape-changing Lovecraftian horror linked to the origin of Plastic Man / Mister Fantastic. Basically, the Thing crashed to Earth in the Arctic, where it was eventually overcome (frozen) by Doc Savage, who brought it back to New York for experimentation and study. Eel O'Brien (a petty thief) broke into Doc's warehouse and came into contact with the weakened Thing; O'Brien was consumed, and the Thing used the extra mass to spawn a duplicate; the duplicate, due to Savage's experiments, both retained and was overwhelmed by O'Brien's memories (that flaw in the duplication process was Savage's greatest success). Thinking it was O'Brien, the new creature eventually entered into government service as Plastic Man; it's "son" (really another flawed copy) was Reed Richards. The original Thing eventually escaped Savage's laboratory, but had been sufficiently damaged by his experiments that it's attempt to imitate a New York police officer forced it to permanently copy much of his personality; it became the Martian Manhunter.

Some of the men it hunts are never seen again.

As to the Martian Manhunter being a skrull' date=' good call; always good to keep the number of similar alien races down. [/quote']

I'm quite pleased with that idea, and it was easy to integrate since there are NO OTHER MARTIANS!!!* but the idea that MM's human ID was John Jones, the ultimate "Man in Black" name, amused me to no end.

*At least their planet didn't blow up. Making him a Skrull makes him less of a Superman wannabe.

• 4 years later...