How do you use Surbrook's Stuff?

Susano

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: How do you use Surbrook's Stuff?

The HERO games Im in are on a somewhat different power scale than most (we tend to have the "average hero" with a 15-18 Dex and 4 Speed, for example), whereas the characters on the site are written more for the scale of the published material, so I cant use them directly. But I DO enjoy reading the character sheets, because they -often- have really great innovative ideas for how to approach a character or their Powers that I might not have thought of. I also like the way you do Disads. (For example: Your write-up of Superman gives him a Psych Lim: Disdain for those who abuse people weaker than themselves. I -never- would have thought of that, and yet, now that I see it, I realize that it is -absolutely- true, and a very important part of Big Blue's personality).

I also like the backgrounds, descriptions, and all the other non-game-stat stuff for the characters.

Basically, its a really neat resource, and I thank you for providing it for us :)

Lots of reasons.

1) Heck, pure entertainment value

2) Ideas for characters

3) Ideas for how to create a power

4) Comparison of similar characters. Used several to get a "feel" on characters I was creating. Wasnt sure say how much STR to give, found a character that was similar. Had something to compare off of. :thumbup:

5) When I was just discovering HERO. Gave me "diagrams" on the workings of character creation. Helped give me a better learning curve.

Probably more reasons.

Entertainment' date=' and tons of power and construct ideas. Also that little spark in the back of my head when I'm watching fansubs-"I should write this up..."[/quote']

If you do, send 'em in.

For me it's for inspiration, not direct re-use. I use it to get an idea for ways in which I could go about constructing a character I have in mind to match a certain feel, more than to use specific characters from your site. For instance, if I wanted to build a bruiser-type character from a high-end Dark Champions type setting, I might go look up Marv to get one possible interpretation. But I'd ultimately wind up making my own version.

"Surbrook's Stuff is the best website in the world... FOR ME TO POOP ON!!!"

Sorry, just had to say it ;)

I mainly use the site for the character write-ups and the campaign information.

I've actually been thinking about sending Mike all of my Ben 10 stuff so that more people will get a chance to see it, but I suspect it would be a pain to deal with since I update it quite with almost every new episode.

(and for those that keep up with that thread, I won't be posting any of my recent updates til Season 3 begins on November 25th)

"Surbrook's Stuff is the best website in the world... FOR ME TO POOP ON!!!"

Sorry, just had to say it ;)

I mainly use the site for the character write-ups and the campaign information.

I've actually been thinking about sending Mike all of my Ben 10 stuff so that more people will get a chance to see it, but I suspect it would be a pain to deal with since I update it quite with almost every new episode.

(and for those that keep up with that thread, I won't be posting any of my recent updates til Season 3 begins on November 25th)

Go ahead and do it. I am always looking to add new material.

I know I sent you some stuff' date=' but I might update again and go with a format like you have for the Femme Fatals for my FGU teams. :D[/quote']

I haven't gotten to your more recent emails. :straight:

Has anyone entered any of my stuff into HD? If you have and could send me the files' date=' that would be great![/quote']The HD stuff of yours that I've converted is mostly here:

http://www.castle-walls.org/hero/others/alhazred/

Oh, and I did up most of the Skull Island dinosaurs in the relevant thread - you're welcome to them.

I've done up some other of your stuff in HD, but I'll have to look for the files.

The HD stuff of yours that I've converted is mostly here:

http://www.castle-walls.org/hero/others/alhazred/

Oh, and I did up most of the Skull Island dinosaurs in the relevant thread - you're welcome to them.

I've done up some other of your stuff in HD, but I'll have to look for the files.

Odd... these don't download right. They come out as text files and I can't read them in HD. Perhaps you could e-mail them to me?

Hmmm... I right click and select "Save Link As...," and have no trouble. I'm not sure how to troubleshoot a Mac...

I'll start emailing stuff. The dinosaur files are in the thread you started in Pulp Hero.

Funny, if I download from the Boards, it's all okay....