Lack of published material

james4177

Re: Lack of published material

I've been to Killer Shrikes website and decided I like the look of the magecraft system. I intend to use it for both arcane and divine magic though the divine magic will have a more rigid set of required power limitations.

J--

If you like Magecraft, you should check again -- I posted up an update just a few days ago as it happens, including a bunch of sample Spell Skills.

If you like Magecraft' date=' you should check again -- I posted up an update just a few days ago as it happens, including a bunch of sample Spell Skills.[/quote']

Neat system. Two questions. You say:

Magecraft is incompatible with Charges of any sort, No Conscious Control, and Independent. Magecraft Spells may be built using any of these Limitations.
Should that last sentence read "may not"?

Secondly, if a spell skill is written as Spell: 14-, (-2 to roll), why not just list it as 12-? Or did I miss that? It seems like it would make the system more streamlined to write down on a character sheet.

Keith "?" Curtis

Neat system. Two questions. You say:

Should that last sentence read "may not"?

Yah, typo. Fixed and thx.

Secondly, if a spell skill is written as Spell: 14-, (-2 to roll), why not just list it as 12-? Or did I miss that? It seems like it would make the system more streamlined to write down on a character sheet.

Keith "?" Curtis

The actual sample character does that, but I explicitly listed it for clarity in the system docs.