Was there ever a name for this Guy

Tribal

Re: Was there ever a name for this Guy

Even tho I own a few of the old Champs Comics, that came right off Heroic Publishings website

http://www.heroicpub.com/

They still publish some old faves like Flare, Black Enchantress, Icicle & Icestar

Ah.

I wasn't much of a fan of the old Champions comics, though I do wish I still had mine. :)

I bought them because they tied into the game, but the writing and art weren't what I was looking for. I haven't seen the new stuff to give it a chance.

The colors are incorrect' date=' but the costume design looks like Champion. IIRC He was a one of Glenn Thain's heroes.[/quote']

Many years ago I saw a set of Champions minis with several of the named characters, including Grond. The fellow on that cover was included, and according to what was written on the box, he was named Champion.

BTW the only other places I've seen him were the cover of Adventurers Club #1, and getting punched out by a unnamed supervillain on the cover of The Great Super Villain Contest.

Ah.

I wasn't much of a fan of the old Champions comics, though I do wish I still had mine. :)

I bought them because they tied into the game, but the writing and art weren't what I was looking for. I haven't seen the new stuff to give it a chance.

I had the original Champions Mini long ago, but I think they were destroyed in a flood along with a lot of other stuff. The art was disappointing, but the writing..? Come on, I still remember Foxbat saying "Icestar, you're a twit!" :D

"White Circle Guy" as I called him, is also on the cover of my Champions GM screen (3rd ED from 1985), but that's the same cover as the rulebook at the time.

I also just realized why I took so long to get past the -1 OCV if you move rule. I have yet to get the current GM screen, the 4E one is flimsy, and so that leaves the original 3rd ED one.

"White Circle Guy" as I called him, is also on the cover of my Champions GM screen (3rd ED from 1985), but that's the same cover as the rulebook at the time.

I also just realized why I took so long to get past the -1 OCV if you move rule. I have yet to get the current GM screen, the 4E one is flimsy, and so that leaves the original 3rd ED one.

Said 3rd ED GM screen is still available in the Online Store for a mere $1.95 US; note that it also includes the complete original Island of Dr. Destroyer adventure. :cool:

"I also just realized why I took so long to get past the -1 OCV if you move rule. I have yet to get the current GM screen' date=' the 4E one is flimsy, and so that leaves the original 3rd ED one.[/quote']

Its a perfectly sensible rule, and if you are comfortable with it there is no reason to change now. It's not unreasonable to asses a slight penalty for moving and attacking.

But why did he have a target on his chest? That implies he's the Mark' date=' not the Marksman :D[/quote']

Probably the same reason Batman (in The Dark Knight Returns) wears a golden oval on his chest to make it an easier target for shooters. That's where he wears extra armor. :sneaky: