The things I learned playing a power armor junkie

Adventus

Re: The things I learned playing a power armor junkie

As for whether or not you can use it on something other than followers or vehicles, read the page referrence that I gave before you post your reply. Your ignorance is showing.

Now that I've gotten that cleared up, it is an optional rule. If the GM doesn't want to use it, don't whine. Instead, try and get them to have the same understanding of the Focus limitation as Nucleon. ;)

I was informed that FrED was the correct abreviation, however, upon checking the FAQ, I see my error. 5ED it is. The correct FrED page is 309. It still doesn't remove Nucleon's ignorance to the 5pt doubler rule, to which I was specifically referring.

By the Thousand Suns of Shrika, take a pill, mortal! Nucleon cares little for your uncouth manners. He just does not allows said rule, as He allows or disallows other rules.

What's the matter with you?

By the Thousand Suns of Shrika, take a pill, mortal! Nucleon cares little for your uncouth manners. He just does not allows said rule, as He allows or disallows other rules.

What's the matter with you?

Aye, aye. I do owe you an apology. My problem actually came from this specific part,
Power armors are neither retainers nor vehicules
which outlined that you hadn't noticed that you may now, with the GM's permission, use the doubling for any piece of equipment. My problem was that I have been hammering my head against a wall of ignorance lately, and you just tipped me over the edge.

I'm sorry. It's a small part of the 5th edition rules, and to expect people to know that specific part is both unrealistic and unfair. It was also unfair of me to take out my RL frustrations upon you, as was it also unfair to do so on these forums. Thus, I apologise to you here, instead of PM. If I must "eat crow", let everyone see me do it. It doesn't happen often.:hush:

If I must "eat crow"' date=' let everyone see me do it. It doesn't happen often.:hush:[/quote']

After such explanations, there isn't much left of Nucleon's confusion. No offenses taken, my friend.

Back to topic...

Your powered armour had better be armoured.

I once saw someone play a PA-jock whose armor was mostly PD and ED, with only 6 points resistant. After having taken a king hit from Grond without even being stunned, we was nearly killed by an Uzi. No STUN damage, but nearly dead.

Aye, aye. I do owe you an apology. My problem actually came from this specific part,which outlined that you hadn't noticed that you may now, with the GM's permission, use the doubling for any piece of equipment. My problem was that I have been hammering my head against a wall of ignorance lately, and you just tipped me over the edge.

I'm sorry. It's a small part of the 5th edition rules, and to expect people to know that specific part is both unrealistic and unfair. It was also unfair of me to take out my RL frustrations upon you, as was it also unfair to do so on these forums. Thus, I apologise to you here, instead of PM. If I must "eat crow", let everyone see me do it. It doesn't happen often.:hush:

And I apologize for being a bit "holier than thou."

• 2 weeks later...

Back to topic...

Your powered armour had better be armoured.

I once saw someone play a PA-jock whose armor was mostly PD and ED, with only 6 points resistant. After having taken a king hit from Grond without even being stunned, we was nearly killed by an Uzi. No STUN damage, but nearly dead.

Agreed. My roomie GMed a guy who had a Giant Robot that he adventured in. It looked very much like a late-70s anime Mecha suit. The pilot also wore armor that looked like a scaled-down version of Giant Robot.

The pilot once chased a villain into a building, and had to hop out to fololow the miscreant inside. Once inside, he was jumped by a couple of goons with pistols. They fired, one hit, and the GM rolled damage.

"A hit to location 9 for 6 BODY and 24 Stun".

"Argh! I stagger back, Stunned, and bleeding from my shoulder!" the Player said.

"Wait...I thought you wore armor...?"

"Oh," he explained,"it looks just like Giant Robot , but its really only made of foam. Its like 6 PD and ED, but its not Resistant or anything."

To which my friend replied : @_@