Military Info

Yansuf

I'm not sure if this interests anyone, but I thought that I would throw it in.

I had a friend (he is now dead) who did a lot of work on modern day wargame scenarios, etc. He found that he could get excellent technical and order of battle info from military attaches of the various embassies. The trick was, he didn't ask them about their armed forces, for security reasons they wouldn't give out much; he asked them about their enemies' armed forces.

He got detailed data on the Syrian order of battle from the Israeli embassy, and detailed info on the Israeli forces from the Syrian embassy.

Re: Military Info

I would be very hesitant, no I'd actually encourage people not to do this.

Questions like that dance very close to appearing like actual espionage and puts those who do it at a high risk of having their conduct being called into question.

It also opens you up to making yourself come up on the radar of that country's Intelligence service.

I'll stick to the library and the internet, thank you.

TB