Ben 10 (again!)

Bloodstone

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Ben 10 (again!)

Anyone catch the Ben10 Movie with the godzilla sized alien?

oh yeah. but now we need to add the following to the omnitrix:

a multi thousand point ability for the self destruct mechanism that can destroy the entire universe (long countdown and single charge though)

I'd probably just call it a "plot hook" and it costs no points as long as the players manage to disarm it in time. :)

oh yeah. but now we need to add the following to the omnitrix:

a multi thousand point ability for the self destruct mechanism that can destroy the entire universe (long countdown and single charge though)

I've watched it twice now :)

I'm not sure how tall Way Big is supposed to be. If I had to estimate, I'd say he's about 120 feet. Vilgax looked like an action figure in Ben's hand and I've always thought that Vilgax is around 12 feet (we know he's taller than Four Arms, who is 10 feet tall).

If that's correct it would require around 12-13 levels of Growth.

From what little we saw, Way Big has pretty high defenses, AoE for his strength and probably some extra running based on the length of those legs. Skill levels for Sweep. Since he threw Vilgax right off the planet, Megascale as a Naked Advantage on STR just to calculate throwing distances.

I'm not certain that the yellow spheres on his jaw are extra eyes. They looked like eyes, but they never moved or blinked, so I'm not sure. It's also not entirely clear if Way Big is always that size or if he has Growth. The transformation took longer than normal, but they never showed him as anything other than full size.

For now, I think I'm writing him up under the assumption that he is always that size. This will probably make him the most expensive form to date.

The Omnitrix's universe destroying self destruct will not be written up since it's such a plot device ability. But I will add the homing device feature.

Did anyone else notice the ads for the live action movie of it...?

Yeah, thy announced both Secret of the Omnitrix and Race Against Time a few months back.

This is apparently the last season of Ben 10 as we know it. The live action movie (Race Against Time) is the end of Ben and Gwen's summer vacation with Max. It's supposed to premier November 21, 2007.

The next series has a working title of Ben 10: Hero Generation. It will be flashing forward a few years, with Ben and Gwen teaming up with other super teens. Grandpa Max won't be in it much, if at all. And Terra Strong won't be voicing Ben anymore :(

The idea is to make the series a bit more mature, while still aiming it at the same demographic. Not sure what that means exactly. Probably more romance and less body fluid jokes ;)

In addition, there is a Ben 10 video game on the horizon (Ben 10: Protector of Earth) and there will be Ben 10 characters and items in the upcoming Cartoon Network MMO, Fusion Fall.

• 11 months later...

So, we were doing a Ben 10 season 4 marathon today (since it just came out and they wanted it bad enough to wake me up). The boys (age 6 & 7) have all 4 seasons and dig on the show. When we are at the pool they play Connonbolt or Wildmutt while diving in.... Today, they were playing with a friend and each claiming their respective "hero" to do battle with imaginary Vilgax droids. On a whim I decided to do a forum search on Ben 10.

There I am sitting at the computer marveling over your well constructed characters when in walk the kids.

"What'cha doing dad?"

"I'm reading about how to play Ben 10."

"We want to play. Is it a video game?"

"Nope, you know when Daddy goes to his friends house to play on Saturday nights? Well, it is that kind of game. One that takes place in your mind with dice just like when we play Aggravation."

"I wanna play," pipes the oldest who is voice is trampled by the other saying, "I want to play."

"Hmmm, we could do that. You could each have an Omnitrix with several aliens"

"I get Way Big," says the six year old. Power gaming already. "I want Alien X" says the older boy... soon they have divided up the alien forms between them and convinced mom to play Gwyen.

"Can we play now?" "Can we play now?" "Can we play now?" "Can we play now?" "Can we play now?" "Can we play now?" "Can we play now?" "Can we play now?" "Can we play now?" "Can we play now?" "Can we play now?" "Can we play now?" "Can we play now?" "Can we play now?" "Can we play now?" "Can we play now?" "Can we play now?" "Can we play now?" "Can we play now?" "Can we play now?" "Can we play now?" "Can we play now?" "Can we play now?" "Can we play now?"

"Boys, Give me a week. I have to think this through."

"OK"

"Can we play now?" "Can we play now?" "Can we play now?" "Can we play now?" "Can we play now?" "Can we play now?" "Can we play now?" "Can we play now?" "Can we play now?" "Can we play now?" "Can we play now?" "Can we play now?" "Can we play now?" "Can we play now?" "Can we play now?" "Can we play now?" "Can we play now?" "Can we play now?" "Can we play now?" "Can we play now?" "Can we play now?" "Can we play now?" "Can we play now?" "Can we play now?" "Can we play now?" "Can we play now?" "Can we play now?" "Can we play now?" "Can we play now?" "Can we play now?" "Can we play now?" "Can we play now?" "Can we play now?" "Can we play now?" "Can we play now?" "Can we play now?" "Can we play now?" "Can we play now?" "Can we play now?" "Can we play now?" "Can we play now?" "Can we play now?" "Can we play now?" "Can we play now?" "Can we play now?" "Can we play now?" "Can we play now?" "Can we play now?"

Tell them they have to wait til August 31st before they can have Alien X ;)

And please let me know if things are playable for you. While I have some rough balance guidelines in my mind, I don't always take the time to crunch the numbers. A lot of what I write up is about trying to model what I see on the shows. This could easily result in some serious balance issues. Things like characters not having enough Defenses, doing too much damage, too wide of a spread in CV's between different characters or having serious END issues.

There's also some stuff that I want to change as a result of Alien Force revelations. Like how the Omnitrix apparently used to heal Ben between transformations.

Sure enough. You didn't happen to get that website up did you? If not do you have the HD files or would you send them to me ---> Eosin_the_Red[at]cox[dot]net

I have to make two Ben's... I may use Ken 10 from the future and Ben from the present. It'll be a time travel affair.

Thanks again, I've been looking over the CS and they seem solidly constructed. Now, I'm off to go look at those Alien Force builds in the other thread.

LOL! I was actually going to suggest a time traveling Ken plot hook. I could probably do a quick write up for him, but he'll probably come off looking pretty similar to Ben anyhow. Of course, he's smarter then Ben was at that age and, based on the world he grew up in, probably knows more about the Omnitrix and the Alien/Superhuman World.

Never got the website up and running the way I liked it, but I'll send you the HD files. Shoot me a PM to remind me if you don't have them by Saturday. That will give me time to make a few of the adjustments I was talking about.