movies/t.v. vs comic books

adidamps2

Re: movies/t.v. vs comic books

I treat TV and movie versions of the comic books with a huge grain of salt. I have accepted (as far back as the Batman show of the 60's) that Hollywood will tweak and poke and change whatever they feel to make the piece "work" for the audiences at the time. And I'm okay with that. I don't go into these things with my comic book nitpickers hat on. I treat each of them as their own separate entity. Kind of like a parallel world version of the property. Some things will be the same - sure - they're canon. Some things might be altered. That's okay too. Grain of salt.

mmmmm....salt...glaaaarghghgh....

And that's the problem. While Peter is a smart guy' date=' having a youngster suddenly bust out the formula for an awesome adhesive and a launcher for it is a bit implausible for someone whose powers don't include super INT.[/quote']

I do recall reading that Stan Lee wanted to use organic shooter and/or would use organics today, if allowed to redesign the character. The movie uses organic shooters for the exact reason Victim mentions here.

Not just women - don't forget Lex Luthor' date=' certainly one of the, if not *the*, most important man in his life (obviously not in the same way). And wasn't Superman's name originally spelled Kal-L? But I'm glad someone else remembered Lori.[/quote']

And not just Lex, either.

Consider this comment on the film Unbreakable:

Bruce Willis's character is named David Dunn. It is very common for the "real" names of comic book heroes to be alliterative (for example, Peter Parker, Bruce Banner, Matt Murdock, and Clark Kent).

Also: Reed Richards, Sue Storm, Stephen Strange, Guy Gardner, and so on.

And that's the problem. While Peter is a smart guy' date=' having a youngster suddenly bust out the formula for an awesome adhesive and a launcher for it is a bit implausible for someone whose powers don't include super INT.[/quote']

Heck, he wouldn't be a struggling freelance photographer if he came up with synthetic spider-silk-- major corporations would be offering all sorts of financial incentives to get him to work for them (and probably offering to pay for all his schooling in the bargain).