Hyborean Monsters from the world of Conan

Susano

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Hyborean Monsters from the world of Conan

I agree. Iron Council didn't work well for me. But man' date=' all of them are crammed with wild concepts.[/quote']

In IC, I thought his politics were so overdone it was like being hit over the head with a hammer: "this book is really about the Russian Revolution!" (THWACK!) "Get it!" (THWACK!)

How much more obvious can you get than exiled revolutionaries coming to help the revolting workers of New Corbuzon in an armored train, then being immortalized by the phrase "the Iron Council was, is, and will be!"?

Toldja :)

Dang - wish I had more time to work on Crobuzon Hero....

How would you model the slake-moths' wings? Something like a really big mind control (since it seems to get a +30 EGO on everybody), no range, AE cone (with a big expanded area), Restrainable, only vs. characters in front of the slake-moth, characters must be looking at slake-moth, always on? Or an Entangle based on ECV?

15d6 Mind Control, AE cone (28" cone; +1 1/2), Continuous (+1), 0 END (+1/2), Telepathic (+1/4), Persistent (+1/2), (356 Active Points), one command ("stop!"; -1), No Range (-1/2), Restrainable (-1/2), Always On (-1/2), only vs. sighted opponents (-1/4), target must be looking at slake-moth (-1/2) (84 Real Cost)

Entangle Based on Ego Combat Value. The effect is nigh impossible to break. There's also that Mental Transform -- devouring memories and the like.

Yes, that would have to be a linked partial transform that lowered INT and EGO, no? (It also knocks you out while you're under the effect -- Entangle blocks all Sense Groups?)

Yes' date=' that would have to be a linked partial transform that lowered INT and EGO, no? (It also knocks you out while you're under the effect -- Entangle blocks all Sense Groups?)[/quote']

Something like that. I'd need to re-read it and take notes on the effects described. Slake-Moths are also nearly impossible to kill. Huge amounts of BODY and/or Damage Reduction.

Something like that. I'd need to re-read it and take notes on the effects described. Slake-Moths are also nearly impossible to kill. Huge amounts of BODY and/or Damage Reduction.

SPOILER

The immature, stunted one survives (for a while) having several tons of steel and concrete being dropped on it. Then again, at the end one gets taken out just using Bas-Lag technology flame- and acid-throwers.

Really terrifying beasties.

SPOILER

The immature, stunted one survives (for a while) having several tons of steel and concrete being dropped on it. Then again, at the end one gets taken out just using Bas-Lag technology flame- and acid-throwers.

Really terrifying beasties.

Yes, but how many shots of flame and acid did it take again? And wasn't it already wounded from gunfire? They are very, very tough.

Yes' date=' but how many shots of flame and acid did it take again? And wasn't it already wounded from gunfire? They are [b']very, very [/b] tough.

Assuming a New Corbuzon flamethrower to be a 2d6 RKA, I would give them about a 5 resistant ED and 50% resistant Damage Reduction. That would be an average of 1 BODY per shot getting through. Then a BODY of about 20 or 25. Thus about 20 or 25 shots to take one down.

How would you model the slake-moths' wings? Something like a really big mind control (since it seems to get a +30 EGO on everybody), no range, AE cone (with a big expanded area), Restrainable, only vs. characters in front of the slake-moth, characters must be looking at slake-moth, always on? Or an Entangle based on ECV?

15d6 Mind Control, AE cone (28" cone; +1 1/2), Continuous (+1), 0 END (+1/2), Telepathic (+1/4), Persistent (+1/2), (356 Active Points), one command ("stop!"; -1), No Range (-1/2), Restrainable (-1/2), Always On (-1/2), only vs. sighted opponents (-1/4), target must be looking at slake-moth (-1/2) (84 Real Cost)

I modelled them like this-

http://www.curufea.com/games/crobuzon/slakemoth.php

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25023&highlight=slake+moth

That is a really nice site. I hope you can get some new stuff up soon -- I think New Corbuzon hero is a great idea. I do, however, refuse to play a woman with a bug for a head. ;)

Don't you think the wings' effect is a bigger area effect than that? They bind the cactus people in the dome from some ways off. And isn't it only in front of the moth that observers are at risk?

Nah... If Isaac can hold them off for a little while' date=' those guys would take out a slake-moth.[/quote']

It all depends on who sees who first, and how they see each other....

Now, in a straight claws versus steel fight? My money's on Conan.

And Elric, but he doesn't count. Stormbringer kills nearly everything anyway.

Isn't Elric just an angst-ridden carrier for Stormbringer? Surely Stormbringer is the main character of that series ;-p

I have to say - I am more of the opinion that the Moths are plot points, and really should not go by the book. I only made up rules for them because they were so unusual and I wanted to see if they could be modelled.

And I wasn't the instigator of thread drift. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

Even though it would be better to talk about this stuff on a Susano character thread to do with Bas-Lag...

Isn't Elric just an angst-ridden carrier for Stormbringer? Surely Stormbringer is the main character of that series ;-p

In all seriousness? No. But it sure is a nice Follower for Elric to have.