A Thread for Random Videos

Super Squirrel

Re: A Thread for Random Videos

It is just mean for the guy to set her up like that' date=' film it and post it. Not funny.[/quote']

Bah! The public mocking of dullards is one of the few pleasures we have left in this world that is not taxed, over-regulated or morally suppressed. Entertainment value is just about the only public good that comes from the utterances of the dim-witted. Viva YouTube!

Bah! The public mocking of dullards is one of the few pleasures we have left in this world that is not taxed' date=' over-regulated or morally suppressed. Entertainment value is just about the only public good that comes from the utterances of the dim-witted. Viva YouTube![/quote']

Bah, right back atcha. There are plenty of pleasures that do not require humiliating someone because they don't understand something. We are all ignorant, just on different things. May you be fortunate enough to be spared this kind of embarrassment...it won't be because you didn't give someone an opportunity.

When I was in college, my drama professor was also responsible for recording radio and TV commercials for the G.I. Joe chain of hardware and sporting goods stores which was a big deal in the Northwest at the time. (Since this was the early '80s I was miffed that they did not sell toys and thus you could not buy G.I. Joes at G.I. Joe's). He invited me to the studio once to watch him work, and it was fascinating to see how his arms went all over the place as he read the copy. This reminded me of that experience.

This was the same guy who directed a post-holocaust Romeo and Juliet with a dead VW Bug smack dab in the middle of the stage. He also, over the course of his career at Pacific University, staged two productions of Tennessee Williams' exercise in cultural blending Camino Real: I was in one of them and had the distinction of getting carried across the stage in a garbage can after being stabbed to death off-stage. I was playing a character from Proust novels I to this day have never read. (All sorts of people from all sorts of books and plays show up in Camino Real, sometimes for no reason whatsoever.)