Daily Art Findings

Eosin

Re: Daily Art Findings

This is something I did a while ago, after seeing some stuff in National Geographic about the excavations at Ankhor Thom

1991_dungeoneer.jpg

The scan is a bit light really; it could do with being re-done (or at least tweaked a bit in Photoshop)

• Replies 844
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Here is an Eberron character-- sorta a psychic rogue.

Nox72.jpg

And here is Crimson colored. He is from the most recent Spirit of the Century pulp noir game I'm in. Not a fantasy character, but he is ganged up with the psychic rogue. Y'all get an extra.

Crimson72-1.jpg

And if you want to see the writeup/ stats of the character, I put it up on my google documents here:

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=df5zsgg3_3c55n53

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.5/

And here's a critter I painted' date=' I've used the image for water monsters in some ocean caves in my game (poor players) :D[/quote']

You can get some more inspirations for water monsters by looking at books about the Burgess Shale fossils. There have been some wierd critters over the eons....

Anyone heard of Anima? Its a table top RPG made in Europe, I can't remember who's supposed to bring it stateside but AFAIK it has not made it.

Wen-M is one of the main artists for it. Here is his latest. Proving that you can be a fully armored woman and still be sexxy.

Claire

Anyone heard of Anima? Its a table top RPG made in Europe, I can't remember who's supposed to bring it stateside but AFAIK it has not made it.

Wen-M is one of the main artists for it. Here is his latest. Proving that you can be a fully armored woman and still be sexxy.

Claire

Fantasy Flight Games seems to have it, but it appears to be a miniatures game. Imagery looks right, and the miniatures aren't bad either. =)

Troll-Beserker-45839363

Troll Beserker

An other picture at deviant art

P.S. How can i show the picture?

Get the URL of the image itself and then use the "Insert Image" button to paste the image into your post.

if should look like this:

http://surbrook.devermore.net/superpics/super/boomsayer.jpg

Except the "<" should be "[".

How long does it take to learn those two? Could Poser do a Battlesuit (i.e.' date=' Iron Man clone) character?[/quote']

The Poser learning curve has been quoted as being near vertical because the GUI is for total crap.

On the other hand, if you can figure it out it's pretty easy to use, if occasionally unwieldy. Like any form of art though, results vary.

If you want to try a hand at Rendering DAZ|Studio is a free program, though the models cost money there are a few free ones to test things with.

Poser has the better render engine of the two, but it's payware.

May I suggest Blender?

It's a full-featured 3D modeling and rendering program, available for all major OSs. It can import from and export to all the popular 3D formats, and it also has a lot of other functionality, like video editing, sound sequencing, pretty much anything you'd need to do a major animation project (look up "Elephants Dream", either for download or on Youtube)

Also, it's open-source and therefore free. :)

Oh, it's not much, but I'm including a render of a mechanical pencil, which I did after only a few days of playing with the program.

Well, if you're talking Blender, you're definitely talking serious learning curve :)

DAZ|Studio is really good, more intuitive (IMHO) than Poser, especially with the latest version that adds some cool plugins for free, including Power Pose and Active Pose (both different, yet very intuitive, ways of posing the character). For free stuff that works with Poser or Daz, especially if you're looking for comic book stuff, you'd want to check out http://www.animotions.com. There's also a lot of freebies at http://www.renderosity.com.

How long does it take to learn those two? Could Poser do a Battlesuit (i.e.' date=' Iron Man clone) character?[/quote']

Well, see for yourself...

OK, I apologise for the "nonfantasy" nature of the pic, but it answers the question, I think. Maybe I should have made him red and yellow, but I liked the colour scheme for the old Defender armour. This quick pic took me about 2 hours from start, a fair bit of which was spent surfing the web, waiting for stuff to load or render.

Anyway. People have otherwise pointed out the pros and Cons.

I found poser easier to use and learn than Studio (but then I started on earlier versions) - but you can't beat the price of "free" for Studio. As for "how easy to learn", that depends on your art/design skills: it's a tool, just like a pen or airbrush. I've seen some people pick it up and create amazing artwork more or less from their first image, while I struggle to make decent images after years of playing around.

cheers, Mark