The "Nice Happy" Thread

Hermit

Re: The "Nice Happy" Thread

I'm on Cloud 10.

Saw the divine Gillian in the play 'A Doll's House' last night which also starred Christopher Eccleston and Toby Stephens.

Seat was good even though I was in the Circle, that's still about 15 to 20 feet from the stage.

Spoke to her afterwards and got her autograph.

Happy for you.

Which theatre was it playing at?

I'm on Cloud 10.

Saw the divine Gillian in the play 'A Doll's House' last night which also starred Christopher Eccleston and Toby Stephens.

Seat was good even though I was in the Circle, that's still about 15 to 20 feet from the stage.

THat's awesome!

I'm on Cloud 10.

Congrats! :thumbup:

Me and some friends went to see the Gin Blossoms last night.

The Gin Blossoms are one of my favorite bands from the 90s, and they've come to my town on three previous occassions. Each time, I missed them. I was sick, or I had to work, or whatevs. I've always been unhappy with this fact. :( There was a long period where I assumed I would never get to see them, since they broke up for a few years. But now they're back together.

Anyway, Sunday night is our usual game night. But when I found out the GBs were playing, I sent an email to the group -- "Sorry guys, won't be able to make it, etc."

A day or so later, the GM sends out an email, "This week's game is cancelled, we're going to see the Gin Blossoms, does anyone else want to come?" :rockon:

We had a great time. It was just four of us (me, my lovely bunneh wife, my buddy (the GM), and his lovely wife). Every year our town holds a street festival called "A Taste of Fort Collins." Several of the local resturants put up booths and have samples of their nummy food for sale, and a lot of merchants open up booths along the street too.

So we wandered around looking at booths and sampling food (we had kettle corn, home-made root beer, gelato, cinnamon pecans, ice cream, BBQ pork sandwiches, and a nice sampling of Indian food). We bought a few things as well. The weather managed to cooperate, too -- they were predicting rain in the afternoon, but apart from a few sprinkles that barely hit the ground, it was quite nice. The sun came out just before the concert started and everything turned out great.

At about 6:00 we settled down on a grassy lawn and the Gin Blossoms took the stage. They played for a little over an hour, playing most of their big hits and a few songs I didn't know (they must have another album out -- I'll have to look for it!). They also did a semi-accoustic version of Elton John's Rocket Man, which was a pretty good take on an old fave. :thumbup:

Had a lot of fun, and no matter what now I can finally say that I've seen the Gin Blossoms in concert! :rockon:

Oh yeah, and pictures! :D

Probably pointless, but I've been 'talking' with Jay Stephens, creator of The Secret Saturdays, over on the Toon Zone forums. He's a great guy and always ready to answer a question about the show.

It's just a 'squee' moment. "I'm trading posts with the creator of one of my favorite shows! SQUEEEE!"