The "Nice Happy" Thread

Hermit

Re: The "Nice Happy" Thread

I made a lovely pumpkin soup last night. I didn't really have a plan, I just started mixing ingredients together. It turned out wonderful.

I melted some butter in a pot. Chopped up about half a white onion and let it simmer in the butter for a while. Then I added a can of chopped green chilis and a couple of cloves of garlic. I let that simmer for a while, then sprinkled a handful of brown sugar over it. I let it carmelize for a bit, then I put in about 2 cups of turkey broth (from thanksgiving), chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and a can of corn nibblets. Brought it to a boil, then added a can of pureed pumpkin and some heavy cream. Let that simmer for about 10 minutes, and voila!

I put a big slice of sharp swiss cheese on top, made some garlic bread to go on the side and had a great dinner. Little bit spicy, little bit sweet, lots of texture and flavor. Plus, leftovers for lunch! :yum:

So no Tribble yesterday, what up Trib baby ?

I was at the Taste of Christmas and had Sticky and Gorgeous Sausage Stew from Jamie Oliver's restaurant and also a Salt Beef bap with Dill from the same place; Spicy Chicken Calabrese from the L'Anima restaurant; Slow Roast Free Range Pork Belly from the restaurant Roast; and Smoked Romney Marsh Lamb Saddle from the Cinnamon Club restaurant. Note that these are not full meals but small portions to give you a sample of what is available. I had Mulled Wine and an Amurala Raspberry Brulee drink. Also had a champers when I came in and a Santa's Little Helper which is non alcoholic.

I was a little disappointed in the lack of the restaurants this year but c'est la vie.

Happiness is hitting your favorite lunch place an hour late and finding out they have "Happy Hour' date='" saved 3 bucks on my nachos.[/quote']

If I hit the pizza stand after the lunch rush they give two slices for the price of one. In the long term this is probably bad for me, but in the short term it's frickin' awesome.

The Christmas lunch for the division was yesterday. Starter was a duck liver parfait, followed by turkey with potatoes, carrot, turnip and a brussel sprouts puree mash and Christmas pudding to finish. Not everyone went. 6 people in my section did not but I enjoyed the meal. And it meant that I did not have to eat last night.

At the health club today ran into a woman who was demonstrating booze at Taste of Christmas. She works at the club and thought she had seen me before so when I turned up today she clicked where she knew me from and came to say hello.

Huzzah! Sleep is underrated.

The kids seem to have had a good Christmas weekend. Santa brought them what they asked for* and their cousins are in town so they have someone to play with.

* "Regurgitating Rico". Seriously, this is the toy the older one wanted.

TTSS was awesome. Going to see the new Sherlock Holmes tonight or tomorrow.

Oh, and Star Trek Online went F2P early for prior subscribers: main release date is still Jan 17, but I got to go see what's new yesterday. Looks... surprisingly promising. I am uncharacteristically optimistic. Perhaps I SHOULD go back to Aion for a bit, just to reset my default level of expectation back to normal levels... :P