The "Nice Happy" Thread

Hermit

• 3 weeks later...

Went to a pop up yesterday, The House of Peroni in Lincoln Inns Field. Apart from having a Negroni and a Capri (cocktails) I had a pint of Peroni Italian beer. Also dined in the restaurant where I had a set menu, 4 courses. The starter was Poplo Dimenticato which is grilled octopus on a chickoea salad with riourja dressing. The second course was Risotto Al Nero di Seppia. This was a risotto covered in black squid ink with salmon roe and grilled squib. The third course was Agnello Nastro Azturro E Vignarola. This was lamb with stewed peas, broad beans, articholes, little gems and fine pancetta. Desert was three small sweets, a cherry tart, a strawberry mousse and a rum baba. Lovely.

Two of my students have told me in the last two days that they're going to pursue degrees in science because of their experiences in my classes.

What? I've just got something in my eye, that's all.

A pupil? Or maybe it is an eyeball? Better get it checked out.

• 3 weeks later...

The observant amongst you will have noticed my absence for the past week so where have I been and what have I been upto ?

It's the time of year that my mother is up and so I have been taking her around various places like Taste of London in Regents Park, to see relatives iin Kent, having ice cream from a pop up store in Victoria station so we had the Walls Ice Cream Champage Magnum ice cream, breakfast in the Red Riding cafe (which is a lot posher than a cafe) and eating in the rooftop pop up restaurant in Selfridges.

Very relaxing. And enjoyable for my mother.

Found 221b Baker's Street by accident as we took a differnt route returning from Regent's Park and Taste of London.

So today I ventured out to a superstore which was a bit away as I wanted to know if this larger store had things not availably locally. And as I got there the Food Bank people were collecting for those who are having problems making ends meet. Now after I had got what I needed, wanted and what had taken my fancy I then did a shop for the food bank. Over a third of what I spent was for that: tea bags, instant coffee, tinned fruit, tinned vegetables, tinned tomatoes, sugar, tinned fish, UHT milk and tinned meat. It will make life a litte easier for someone.