The "Nice Happy" Thread

Hermit

My mother was up in London and so off we went a gallavanting, a gallavanting Ho !

Test drove a wheelchair at the Spirit of Christmas Fair and got a whole load of things. A game for a friend's birthday present, cheeses, my cousin's Christmas present, an apple spirit, a game based on wine, port and a ginger liqueur.

Off to Harrods to get Turkish Delight and happened on a Champagne tasting so made sure my mother had some, especially the vintage Tattinger.

Managed to get tickets to Jeeves and Wooster Perfect Nonsense on the dayb and took mum to the matinee. Matthew MacFadyen and Stephen Mangan played the parts respectively. The play is based on the third book and has three actors playing all the parts/ Funnny. It made my mother laugh. Off afterwards to have diner at the Nightingale Cafe before back to the hotel.

Sunday we went to see my cousin and family in Kent. Mum dropped off Christmas presents. Getting there was a problem but we made it. It was Remembrance Sunday and traffic was bad and also no trains from Victoria which was a pain.

We saw a relation in Camden town on Monday before going to Odette's restaurant and having the taster menu which was my idea. Wonderful. Two starters, two mains, a cheese course and two desserts each plus wine. Gorgeous.

Got mother back to the train on Tuesday and saw her off. Job well done. She had to suffer the photoes of Spain but that is what it is all about.

Good Tribbles go to heaven. Bad ones go to the the Comic Con and get the second expansion for King of Tokyo, get photographed with Hannah Spearritt, get photographed with Kelly Hu, Kelly Hu's autograph on a picture of her in her Scorpion King glory and a RPG villain T-shirt. Some good cos players out. Several Jack Skellingtons, many Harleys, Jokers, Riddlers of both sexes, Star Wars personnel and a Power Girl.

My mother was up in London and so off we went a gallavanting, a gallavanting Ho !

Test drove a wheelchair at the Spirit of Christmas Fair and got a whole load of things. A game for a friend's birthday present, cheeses, my cousin's Christmas present, an apple spirit, a game based on wine, port and a ginger liqueur.

Off to Harrods to get Turkish Delight and happened on a Champagne tasting so made sure my mother had some, especially the vintage Tattinger.

Managed to get tickets to Jeeves and Wooster Perfect Nonsense on the dayb and took mum to the matinee. Matthew MacFadyen and Stephen Mangan played the parts respectively. The play is based on the third book and has three actors playing all the parts/ Funnny. It made my mother laugh. Off afterwards to have diner at the Nightingale Cafe before back to the hotel.

Sunday we went to see my cousin and family in Kent. Mum dropped off Christmas presents. Getting there was a problem but we made it. It was Remembrance Sunday and traffic was bad and also no trains from Victoria which was a pain.

We saw a relation in Camden town on Monday before going to Odette's restaurant and having the taster menu which was my idea. Wonderful. Two starters, two mains, a cheese course and two desserts each plus wine. Gorgeous.

Got mother back to the train on Tuesday and saw her off. Job well done. She had to suffer the photoes of Spain but that is what it is all about.

That is an awesome couple of days. :)

That is an awesome couple of days. :)

If you think that crawling to me on my birthday is going to save you from my wrath after you posted the link to the piper, guess again ! 

As I am feeling a bit yuck I leave the rest of you with something heart warming. At the Comic Con was a guy dressed as Jack Skellington as Santa and on stilts. This little kid goes up to him and tries to shake his hand. The cosplayer leant down a bit so the kid could reach the hand and the kid shook it before going back to his parents. The cosplayer as well as those who saw it deemed it cute.

If you think that crawling to me on my birthday is going to save you from my wrath after you posted the link to the piper, guess again ! 

As I am feeling a bit yuck I leave the rest of you with something heart warming. At the Comic Con was a guy dressed as Jack Skellington as Santa and on stilts. This little kid goes up to him and tries to shake his hand. The cosplayer leant down a bit so the kid could reach the hand and the kid shook it before going back to his parents. The cosplayer as well as those who saw it deemed it cute.

Like I'd want to be saved from your cuddly wrath. 

Damn lemming, now I'm hungry.  Do you ship?  Also if there is no real bakery in town, it sounds as though you could easily establish a monopoly.

As for my own nice happy, I gave a decent speech on Wednesday despite only getting four hours of sleep and throwing the speech together in 30 minutes that morning.  And back on Monday's fishing expedition, each boy caught a fish, so both were happy and there were no jealousy issues.  And I might even be able to squeeze in some games of Shadowfist tonight.

Went to a bit of a do last night. Unfortunately Google Maps steered me wrong but I found it eventually.

Had a bespoke cocktail made of Grey Goose vodka and bitters. Much improved with a twist of lemon. And of course champagne. Tastings from Gosset, Mumm, Ruinart, Louis Roderer and Pol Roget. Couple of restaurants as well had samples which included a chicken aperitif which melted in the mouth. Absolutely gorgeous.

Went home happy. After several days of my stomach playing up this was just what the doctor ordered.

Thanks, Guys !  

To not be forgotten and to be welcomed back with pleasure is the greatest joy one can know.  Hermit, I sure hope to see you post more on this thread.  When we last talked, you pretty much had to stick with the Cranky Thread.  Still kicking myself in the butt repeatedly for missing you on your one Gen Con Day all those years ago.

I have been on a two-year hiatus w/ OddHat, but I have my eyes on next year already !   

Last year I paid for a piece of art to be done based on a film called Curse of the Crimson Altar. The art has been much delayed owing to the number of commissions the artist receives, medical problems with his family, the fact that the preliminary sketch needed amendment so that it did not look too modern and lastly that the artist is in the Phillipines which has just been devastated by the Super Typhoon. It came through yesterday and looks marvellous. I'll link to it when it is posted to the deviantart site.

And if Enforcer84 tries linking to this piece before I do, I shall give him a hard stare. Just so you know.

Glad to see you again, Kitty!

My mother and my brother came up for a visit Wednesday ... unfortunately, it had to be cut shorter than expected, I started crapping out and needing painkillers early ... but while we were out, we ran into a couple of friends of mine.  One of them is a very, VERY goth girl, and she had it dialed up to 11.  All black, a hood, white skin, black around the eyebrows, black lipstick, piercings, all that.  My mother is a very conservative sort ... and the look on her face when I waved and greeted them was PRICELESS.  She couldn't get away fast enough.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Same client as my recent post in the cranky thread.

I've been redoing some things with his website. Improvements to code, this is the same one I had to add a third crop. There was one set of calculations that he was fussing about. The capital expense and power costs for a crop share farm weren't as he expected. He gave me this formula for what they were supposed to be. The numbers made no sense whatsoever. None. So since my farm numbers weren't correct as he thought they should be, my business summary numbers were off.

I pulled out the old spreadsheet he had given us way back when I first started this. The formula there was as I thought it should be all along. I made my current formula match (I had a bug, my fault, fixed). I emailed him. He said he wanted the new formula. I replied. "Since that's not how it was in the old spreadsheet, the old pages, or the old javascript, that counts as a change in definition. This capital expense formula is used in several places [where I was unable to switch them over to calling one function mores the pity. Believe me, I wanted to.] that you have previously signed off on. I will also have to make changes to the account dashboard. That will be several hours. I can have [the salesman] contact you with the price if you want."

Two minutes later: "Let's just leave things as they are."

• 2 weeks later...