The "Nice Happy" Thread

Hermit

Re: The "Nice Happy" Thread

Sick again today. Why is this in the Nice Happy thread?

Because 1) It's not so bad this time, and 2) Now I know what's causing it.

That bad cheese in the fridge is history! And can I sue Wal-Mart for food poisoning?

But if you throw out the cheese, how will you finish building an immunity to it? That which doesn't kill you, and all.

I think it depends on what type of mold is growing on the cheese.

Which reminds me of some vegan cheese (Daiya) which actually works like cheese should. (not perfect, but pretty close). The mozzarella version turns into something that smelled like blue cheese after awhile.

I think it depends on what type of mold is growing on the cheese.

Which reminds me of some vegan cheese (Daiya) which actually works like cheese should. (not perfect, but pretty close). The mozzarella version turns into something that smelled like blue cheese after awhile.

That is the definition of cheese. :D

Got my course grades in, with 90 minutes to spare on the deadline. That's that monster tossed into the ditch.

So now I'll take the rest of the day off, and do my Form 1040 tomorrow. I don't have to get up at 5:40 AM to do that, though.

Oh, and next quarter starts Monday, so I guess I'd better get that stuff ready on Friday. Don't have to get up early for that either.

Last weekend I went with my girlfriend to visit her family. She has a large family and they are very close. I have a small family and we see each other when we see each other. Her sister and brother-in-law have a son who is non-verbal autistic and the brother-in-law has a brain tumor. The rest of the family left to go get dinner and some supplies for a project and I was left to watch the kids and to sit with the (wheelchair bound) brother-in-law. Brother-in-law is doing better and his tumor is shrinking and the autistic son crawled up on the couch and sat right next to me.

I felt very loved, trusted, and wanted. Those two hours on the couch, just talking with brother-in-law and being comforting to his son was some of the best spent time I have had in a while. I felt lucky to be there.

Got my course grades in, with 90 minutes to spare on the deadline. That's that monster tossed into the ditch.

So now I'll take the rest of the day off, and do my Form 1040 tomorrow. I don't have to get up at 5:40 AM to do that, though.

Oh, and next quarter starts Monday, so I guess I'd better get that stuff ready on Friday. Don't have to get up early for that either.

Good for you!

On the way into work saw a Robin come up and lamd on a hedge close ro me and start singing. Wonderful. And the blossom is hitting the trees.

I have a pair of azalea bushes out front and every winter I consider cutting them down and doing something else -- then spring hits and they turn pink-purple and I wish I had more :)

Vegas grew so fast that it displaced a lot of the native animals in the area. American kestrels tend to do okay in the city, and we've seen some in our complex and had a breeding pair living in our palm tree at a previous house*. I've also seen a couple of owls, one was in a bush in front of a convenience store (I thought it was a fake to scare away pigeons until the head rotated to look at me), and another was a burrowing owl that unfortunately looked a bit confused after local construction probably wiped out its home. Roadrunners used to be fairly common in certain areas, and I've even seen a desert fox in a more remote area of the south part of the Strip (alas, the area's now built up).

JoeG

*We fed doves and sparrows in the back yard. The kestrels apparently appreciated the convenient food source.

I didn't know why my thumb hurt for nine months or why I kept getting Trigger Finger. My Doctor said the next step was surgery.

I went to my Physical Therapist today and he popped the dislocated joint back into place. Now there is to get my strength back in that hand.

Great news that you've nailed down the root of the problem. Maybe the doctor should have considered an x-ray as the next step. And maybe finding a new doctor would be a good next step.

or SatinKitty's next step is to ask John T what the next step is...?

I carried a 20 pound bag up a flight of stairs tonight. It contained two gallons of ice tea (16 pounds) plus four bags frozen cherries and the weight of the bag itself.

That is the amount of weight I have lost. It was painful to carry it up those stairs.

Thank God it is gone !