The "Nice Happy" Thread

Hermit

Re: The "Nice Happy" Thread

One thing made my day yesterday. I was in the lobby of a hotel, watching people ice skate in the skating rink below. I saw a young lady leaving the skating rink grinning from ear to ear. She looked so happy, I started feeling happy as well. She didn't notice me, of course; I was watching from a window above. But she did have an effect on me.

Got the Job in Portland.

Waiting for the offer and the balls to counter. But I'm probably going to take it. It will be moving to a more expensive city, taking a pay cut...but I've managed to make do pretty good with my unemployment - on $357 a week - but that was with a really cheap place, no gas/auto insurance, no student loans, etc. So I'm probably going to have to scale some stuff back for a couple of months until I can find the balance.

I've lived in Corvallis for almost 35 years. Gonna be weird living somewhere else.

Lots of progress on the latest convention game today. It has a plot. (kinda important) Character sheets are nearly done. I still gotta do some character sheets for the "bad guys" but they'll be stock adversaries with a few things re-tooled. And then, the so-called "boss fight" at the end needs something.

It looks like I might actually finish writing this thing over the weekend... four days early, instead of desperately printing off semi-complete notes and characters at the last minute.

Woot!

First off, thanks guys for the kind words. I start tomorrow.

I'm nervous of course but really excited. The company I am going to work for, PBS Environmental + Engineering is pretty cool, and I'm going to be getting some nifty bennies for working there (the main ones start after three months) but this is an eco friendly place, I will have a paid bus pass, and they also have a deal with a local fitness club and given my relatives in Portland who I'll have frequent encounters with I will be losing weight...in fact today I was hiking the nearby area looking for apartments to rent (wasn't as successful as I had hoped but I got a few phone numbers. And took the bus back to my aunt's place. It was nice 2 hours of walking - my legs haven't forgiven me yet. Lots of hills in Portland.

I'm a little intimidated by the city - particularly driving in it, but the places I hope to find will be bus accessible and that should do me just fine.

Oh! Totally psyched for the stuff I'm gonna be learning too! They -er, we have converted our 3 server closets to 1.5 by replacing the old units with fewer, modern ones and running virtual machines on them ...lowering cooling costs and power consumption in the process, how cool is that? Sounds like I'll be pretty busy and I'm hoping to learn the ins and outs of the recently added VoIP system.

And maybe next time Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers hit the area I won't miss them!

Ok. Just signed up for a gallery show for May 24, 2013. A lot of time to procrastinate on which 20ish photos to use.

Though I am approaching a few other venues in the meantime, so I should have a pretty solid grouping by then.

And where I forgot to add: The Village at Best Friends Animal Society in Kanab Utah. :)