The "Nice Happy" Thread

Hermit

• 2 weeks later...

Re: The "Nice Happy" Thread

So my wife and I were walking down the sidewalk, heading to the mailboxes. There was a rustle in a bush ahead of us and I glanced over. I thought it was a cat or something. Suddenly, a bird bursts out of the bush... pursued by a hawk! This hawk swoops past us, chasing the bird! Amazing.

Sadly, the bird got away. The hawk landed on a nearby rooftop and scowled angrily at us.

So my wife and I were walking down the sidewalk, heading to the mailboxes. There was a rustle in a bush ahead of us and I glanced over. I thought it was a cat or something. Suddenly, a bird bursts out of the bush... pursued by a hawk! This hawk swoops past us, chasing the bird! Amazing.

Sadly, the bird got away. The hawk landed on a nearby rooftop and scowled angrily at us.

Go, birdy, go! :D

Got home pretty late from a crummy day at work. Kids were still up even though it was past their bedtime. We built an awesome fort out of paper towel rolls, stuffed animals, and a blanket. One of them fell asleep in there. It's been so long since I was that age. I had almost forgotten what it was like.

Got home pretty late from a crummy day at work. Kids were still up even though it was past their bedtime. We built an awesome fort out of paper towel rolls' date=' stuffed animals, and a blanket. One of them fell asleep in there. It's been so long since I was that age. I had almost forgotten what it was like.[/quote']

Repped. Reading that made ME happier. :)

If you have enough of them, you can do spiffy falling-domino-chain things with those little stiffboard-bound books for beginning readers. I once baby-sat a kid who had a pile of those as tall as she was. I gather her folks were not really amused when she demonstrated the new use for those after I baby-sat her, though.

Hey Old Man: Have you ever tried draping blankets over chairs and tables to make a fort weighing them down with heavy books ? Of course there aren't too many heavy books anymore....

We have lots of heavy books, actually. Aside from my own, the older boy's obsessions with sharks and dinosaurs have felled many trees. But these bales of individually wrapped paper towels you get at Costco are fantastic for building with. The only thing that would make them better is if they could bear a kid's weight.

This morning they were building cities and castles with the paper towels and laying into them with their nerf battle-axes. Would have been cuter if it weren't six thirty in the morning, but still pretty cool.

It's not always this awesome with little kids in the house--not hardly. But they are the reason I am able to put up with the other areas of my life.