The "Nice Happy" Thread

Hermit

Re: The "Nice Happy" Thread

I really must learn to make stuffing from scratch. All my life I've been eating the Stove Top stuff, which is instant and full of High-Fructose Corn Syrup and Hydrogenated oil.

BunnySue makes her own awesome homemade stuffing with sausage, but it is too spicy for me. OddHat loves it.

Later today I'm off northwards on my first internship, kind of thing. It's a week-long stint in a village of two thousand people just south of the arctic circle in the depth of what promises to be a cold and snowy winter -- and I couldn't be more stoked if I was going to the Kendo world cup!

Later today I'm off northwards on my first internship' date=' kind of thing. It's a week-long stint in a village of two thousand people just south of the arctic circle in the depth of what promises to be a cold [i']and[/i] snowy winter -- and I couldn't be more stoked if I was going to the Kendo world cup!

...Congratulations?

My wonderful Husband went to Black Friday in the wee hours while I slept. When I came down this morning, there was a beautiful Christmas tree with lights lit and a present to be opened Christmas underneath. He had also baked two pumpkin pies for our second dinner with his family.

My Husband is the best in the World !!!!!!!

I really must learn to make stuffing from scratch. All my life I've been eating the Stove Top stuff, which is instant and full of High-Fructose Corn Syrup and Hydrogenated oil.

BunnySue makes her own awesome homemade stuffing with sausage, but it is too spicy for me. OddHat loves it.

My wife has a winner that uses the bread cubes from the bakery (essentially unseasoned croutons), bacon, mushrooms (that have been whirred around in a food processor to make little shreds of mushrooms: too many people like the taste of mushrooms but find the texture objectionable), dried cranberries, and drippings from the bird pan (only part of them; the rest go to become gravy). There may be more to it than that; I'll ask.

EDIT: First is a "duh". It's not pan drippings; it's broth from boiling the neck and giblets with onion, celery, and herbs for several hours. There's some other vegetables that have been whirred to little bits in the food processor, too. Yet more onion and celery at the very least.

My wonderful Husband went to Black Friday in the wee hours while I slept. When I came down this morning, there was a beautiful Christmas tree with lights lit and a present to be opened Christmas underneath. He had also baked two pumpkin pies for our second dinner with his family.

My Husband is the best in the World !!!!!!!

Well played, Oddhat. I tip my hat to you.

I have accepted a job offer for a substantial promotion with a very reputable social services organization in my area (after 8 years with my current org). They really wanted me, and I negotiated a very nice and happy package for myself (never been taken out to lunch so many times by a prospective employer either, that was nice). I am very thankful, and look forward to starting.

Also, I fixed my password and am posting on the board again. While many may question whether that is in fact, "nice and happy", I think it is.

• 3 weeks later...

Steak dinner with a nice Chianti, and chocolate for dessert.

Life is good! :thumbup:

... Not liver and fava beans? ^^

No, but really -- happiness can be the smallest thing.

I was just promoted at work. I'm moving back up into the manager ranks' date=' and the compensation looks good. I start training next Monday.[/quote']

Congrats, Mustache!