The "Nice Happy" Thread

Hermit

Re: The "Nice Happy" Thread

Believe it or not, I've managed to finish writing up both of my convention games that I'll be running in February!

February! That's like three months away! I'm usually lucky to finish my con games three days ahead of time!

I've even got the character sheets all printed out. I mean, I'm so far ahead of the curve right now that I can't even see the curve.

And I think both adventures are going to be way cool. I'm running Teen Titans Go! (the title is "Rabbit Rampage!"), and Lucha Libre Hero (the title is "Los Misteriosos contra los Zombis Azteca!").

Now I have to come up with some other way to spend my long winter evenings... :think:

Believe it or not, I've managed to finish writing up both of my convention games that I'll be running in February!

February! That's like three months away! I'm usually lucky to finish my con games three days ahead of time!

I've even got the character sheets all printed out. I mean, I'm so far ahead of the curve right now that I can't even see the curve.

And I think both adventures are going to be way cool. I'm running Teen Titans Go! (the title is "Rabbit Rampage!"), and Lucha Libre Hero (the title is "Los Misteriosos contra los Zombis Azteca!").

Now I have to come up with some other way to spend my long winter evenings... :think:

try to take over the world? or for the less ambitious, the moon?

• 2 weeks later...

Had a decent birthday. Good dinner, spent some time with my friends playing the pirate-themed Munchkin game, and won. Go, British Navy. :)

Best friend got me some nice presents, but the best present actually came from the Social Security Department, telling me that my disability determination has gone through and that I won't have to get a lawyer or go to a hearing.

Thanksgiving went very well at our place. 8 in attendance. My brother & his family showed up during the after-dinner dessert stage, but too stuffed from the feast at her mom's place to eat much. Well, my brother had one piece of my soft gingerbread, but that's a blast-from-the-past taste thing that I consider quite forgivable.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyway -- in order to educate more physicians, the University in co-operation with the northern counties has decided to place more of the clinical parts of med school at the three regional hospitals at Sundsvall, Östersund, and Luleå-Sundebyn. Ten students per term per hospital, out of a hundred.We got the results from the application process a couple of minutes ago -- I'm going north again in just over a year!

Anyway -- in order to educate more physicians' date=' the University in co-operation with the northern counties has decided to place more of the clinical parts of med school at the three regional hospitals at Sundsvall, Östersund, and Luleå-Sundebyn. Ten students per term per hospital, out of a hundred.We got the results from the application process a couple of minutes ago -- I'm going north again in just over a year![/quote']

Congrats!

I saw not enough people at work were doing the "Adopt-a-family" program for the holidays, so I decided to fix my Grinchly attitude and jump in. "Take this one! It's a kid who wants art supplies". Cool, I love to go shopping for art supplies.

Turns out it's a five year old. Oh, well, I figure I can manage to channel a five year old. Five year old girl, I'm in formed. Well, I'm not good at channeling that. So I called my mom who works in daycare for 5-year old girl art supply suggestions.

Forty minutes of shopping at Michael's and I've purchased WAY too much stuff for her. She better share with any siblings. And my bad attitude is done. That was kind of fun. The only problem now is not playing with the stuff myself. So I better wrap it right now :D

• 1 month later...

I had talked to the owner of Rocking V about hanging some of my photos at his gallery when he reopened for the season. He responded well and wanted me to send him a link to some of my online stuff when I was more ready. Couple nights ago, I sent him a link to my blog which has a few of my photos I consider good for print, but as an after thought gave him a link to my flickr set. The next morning, he replied to my email and pointed out a dozen photos from my flickr area that he'd like me to bring by. He went thru 1600 photos and made some very good observations on more than just the dozen.

No guarantee that I'll get any in, still have to get the printing, matting and framing done, but I've found this to be pretty gratifying.

This is one of the pictures, though to me, it gives me a sense of vertigo.

4182643625_57d921e7e4.jpg

so this year I took part and finished NaNoWriMo. But my 50k were choppy, scenes I knew I wanted but hadn't really connected. The work is entirely personal and mostly derivative, shclocky romance fiction. However I've been working off and on on this stuff for the better part of a year with my big push in November building steam. Now I've passed 80k words and I'm actually writing 3 separate stories and couldn't be more pleased with myself.

• 3 weeks later...

Not a bad couple weeks.

I setup a cafepress site so that some t-shirts and stuff were available for The Stinky Book Club which is a blog about my wife reading to a particular group of cats at Best Friends.

I also will be getting some photos up in a gallery in town.

3797382716_653b127a0f_m.jpg 2695129182_4301f898b3_m.jpg 3045050548_7aa84c58b8_m.jpg 3571679072_2640a792db_m.jpg

I'll be making a pittance, but right now, it's more about exposure than money.

• 2 weeks later...

It seems like a pair of merlins are trying to set up a nest near our house! The crows are giving them a hard time, but we've been hearing the falcons (and seeing them) every day for about a week now.

And Sunday I saw both members of the pair of peregrines who are nesting in the structure of the Ballard Bridge.