The "Nice Happy" Thread

Hermit

Re: The "Nice Happy" Thread

In this context, the mental image is a bit . . . uncomfortable.

Tell you the truth, I wouldn't of even have brought up the tool work, except for the preceding items.

We found Herc, though. We trapped the cat who kept fighting with him, and he came right back and started meowing at the back door.

:celebrate Good news!

In this context, the mental image is a bit . . . uncomfortable.

We found Herc, though. We trapped the cat who kept fighting with him, and he came right back and started meowing at the back door.

Indeed, good news.

On the plus side here, I think the fever broke about 4am last night. I still don't feel very good, and I'll be going home to bed right after lecture, but I'm not sitting here wearing four layers shivering violently like I did most of yesterday.

It was great to have the kitty back. He curled up in the crook of my arm last night and purred and purred and purred.

Another happy moment - Josh and I walked to the post office today. On our way back, I spotted this brown streak, dropping out of the sky. It swooped into a low-lying tree, then flapped back up to the top of a nearby pine. I pointed. "Look; a peregrine falcon." We got an excellent view from the bottom of the tree, and, as it circled around, I got a good look at its belly markings. When I got home, I was able to confirm it was a peregrine falcon.

Very cool.

I like reading underground newspapers' election endorsements. Their judgment isn't any better than anyone else's, but what does distinguish them is that they can write. Not the alternating froth-masturbate-froth-masturbate-froth crap which is the defining characteristic of blogs, they actually can write, and they've worked at it. That of itself is refreshing.