The "Nice Happy" Thread

Hermit

Re: The "Nice Happy" Thread

I just finished Mass Effect. Yes, yes, behind the times and all, but I'm fundamentally a cheap bastard, and I figure a game that would be fun for $60 will still be fun when it's $20, so why not wait?

Anyways, what a game. Without question the finest storytelling I've run into in a game EVER. For once, they actually got real voice acting, a real script, something very compelling. I was actually shouting at the TV at the end of it. "No! Whoa! No way!"

I have moments where I say "why do I sit around gaming?" Mass Effect is one of the answers to that question. Compelling, powerful, intelligent, ridiculously well-done--if people who think gaming is for kids would sit down and go through this one, they'd shut up and change their damn minds. Amazing, amazing game.

I have a new Ring of Power: A beautiful 14th anniversary gift from OddHat. It's a big amethyst with blue, green and purple in the stone. It is many faceted and really sparkles. :D

I have it on my wedding ring finger now. After I have it sized up I can wear it next to my wedding ring.

I have no clue what to get him. :confused:

I have a new Ring of Power: A beautiful 14th anniversary gift from OddHat. It's a big amethyst with blue, green and purple in the stone. It is many faceted and really sparkles. :D

I have it on my wedding ring finger now. After I have it sized up I can wear it next to my wedding ring.

A newer, odder hat.

Last year (our 15th) I gave my wife a ring with an emerald flanked by a tanzanites (those are the kids' birthstones).

Just got back today from a couple trips. One was a trip out to Oregon for a week long photo seminar and to soak in mineral baths. Learned a lot and well worth it. Doug Beasley was the instructor. My wife sent me out to it and deserves a wife of the year award. How many wifes would send their husbands for a week at a place with clothing optional hot tubs? :D

After the seminar, I spent three days winding back to Utah via the Oregon & California Coast, Mt. Lassen, Reno, and a little town named Rachel, Nevada. Picked up my wife and drove back to Las Vegas where we spent a couple nights at Mandalay Bay. Had a couple stellar meals at The Border Grill and RM, and for our 13th Anniversary saw "Mama Mia!"

All in all a good couple weeks.

I just got back from 5 days in Paris. My wife's best friend from Berkeley days was celebrating their fifth wedding anniversary: they rented a big apartment in Paris and invited us. :D We had a great time.

Also the week before that, I went to a big meeting on TB diagnosis in Virginia (had a 4 hour turn around time at home between flights). That's not normally a cause for celebration - but I organised this one with a friend. We got 177 people from 26 countries, everything went off well, and people were so enthusiastic that we will probably make it a recurring thing. We even made a tiny profit. Now we have our own meeting series :confused:

And while in Virginia, I met Pat Robertson ... but I guess that counts as "odd" rather than "nice happy".

cheers, Mark

Also the week before that, I went to a big meeting on TB diagnosis in Virginia (had a 4 hour turn around time at home between flights). That's not normally a cause for celebration - but I organised this one with a friend. We got 177 people from 26 countries, everything went off well, and people were so enthusiastic that we will probably make it a recurring thing. We even made a tiny profit. Now we have our own meeting series :confused:

Now all you have to do is combine it with gaming! :D