The "Nice Happy" Thread

Hermit

Re: The "Nice Happy" Thread

Well, I'm home, mostly unpacked and I killed a (maybe two) frickin' huge spider.

Its been raining all night and is cool and still raining. I like that.

so I had a great week, will spend this week mostly recovering and sorting. And job hunting. And I went six days with no WoW so once I play tonight the shakes will stop :)

In reply to your what comment in the rep, have a word with Celtic Bolt. I'm certain I saw your name in his journal from some comp run in July going into early August.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting a big raise today!

No, not from my job. Salary's the same. But today, August 29, 2008, is the last day my son will spend in day care. He started daycare sometime in early September of 2002 at about 12 weeks old, and has been there every day (well, every day-ish) since today. We even sent him to private kindergarten, since after you factored in additional costs for all-day kindergarten, fees, lunches, and other things, it really wasn't that much more to send him there. So . . . six years of child care . . . done. First grade at an absolutely great public school right up the road starts on Tuesday and, because of our schedules, we don't even have to pay for before/after school care.

*ahem*

:rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

Also,

:rockon:

And we have our first interview on Tuesday.

Trying not to get at all excited as I've interviewed for them before, and they want a degree of some sort, I have none. It's a "pre-Interview" as they have a lot of people apply.

So don't get excited.

But I have an interview.

It has been a long time since I last posted on this thread. But I've got reason to feel good now. I've missed my Taekwondo and Krav Maga practice. I'm going back to my workouts starting next week' date=' and that's a great feeling. :D[/quote']

I went to Krav Maga on Tuesday, and Taekwondo on Friday. I decided to ease myself into my activities, since it has been five months. That plus going back to stargazing help ease my nerves a bit.

What's the secret?

IME, acknowledging that the two people involved are different people with different values and thoughts and hopes and dreams. Complementing one another is a much greater goal in a marriage than empty gestures or words.

Appreciation fits in there somewhere, too. Not taking for granted that the other person fills in the spots where you're a bit iffy is quite important. That can be difficult for some, because it requires acknowledging one's own imperfections.

It's been only 7 and a half years for me and Josh, but I anticipate a lot more time together. We've weathered some tough challenges, and, instead of letting it push us apart, it's made us grow closer over the years.