The "Nice Happy" Thread

Hermit

Re: The "Nice Happy" Thread

Yup. Best-known as the frontman for The Replacements' date=' the greatest band ever. His solo stuff has wandered between good to great with occasional moments of absolute crap, but his latest is firmly in the "great" category. And it's only $0.49, so everybody should buy it.[/quote']

I liked the Replacements. I think. I'll give it a check out.

It cost me $30 to send a large four-pound box to Seattle via priority mail. Raise shields before looking at the price tag.

It was actually less than $15. Apparently, mailing things to members of the US Army is cheaper than it might be, normally. Makes sense, though. It's not like she ASKED them to send her to a war-torn country.

(She tells me she's seen a camel spider, but it was "only a baby - about the size of my hand." :eek: )

I have another reason to be happy. Josh and I got a memory foam mattress topper. Wow. I could get used to not waking up sore all over, feeling like I spent the night on the floor. When I get in bed, I slowly sink in, and it moulds to me. It feels like falling asleep on Mom's lap, back when I was small enough to do such a thing.

I have another reason to be happy. Josh and I got a memory foam mattress topper. Wow. I could get used to not waking up sore all over' date=' feeling like I spent the night on the floor. When I get in bed, I slowly sink in, and it moulds to me. It feels like falling asleep on Mom's lap, back when I was small enough to do such a thing.[/quote']

Is it like the "Contour Cloud? I'm thinking of getting it, -- the contour cloud foam mattress.

USA company seems to be here.

out of curiosity' date=' how much was the mattress?[/quote']

A little under $200 at Target. We're doing some belt-tightening to afford it, but I figure it's worth it. For the first time in several years, I haven't been waking up with aches in my hips and shoulders.

A little under $200 at Target. We're doing some belt-tightening to afford it' date=' but I figure it's worth it. For the first time in several years, I haven't been waking up with aches in my hips and shoulders.[/quote']

So is that a mattress or a topper? Because I thoguht they were like 1000$

The yellowjacket trap that I set up several weeks ago is finally starting to catch yellowjackets! :celebrate

Hates me some yellowjackets, yessir. :mad:

I'm pretty kind to animals. Take black widow spiders and rattlesnakes out into the country.

Yellowjackets, I kill them. No mercy.

Something about being stung by the horrible things hundreds of times in the past. Though I find I'm mostly immune to their stings. Got hit by one three years back in the face and last year in the arm. Slight bump that went away in a couple hours.

I was stunned yesterday to find out that the Oklahoma Department of Transportation (my employer) had done a market study and decided that I should get a 9.12% pay raise. This will go into effect September 1st. :rockon:

I usually hear of the studies such as that resulting in nothing good, but they get highly touted as being good to the employer. Nice to hear, my cynical nature can be wrong. :D

So is that a mattress or a topper? Because I thoguht they were like 1000$

That's just the topper. It has a cover that has about an inch of plush padding, then the memory foam itself is about two inches thick. I can't even feel our rock-hard mattress underneath it. I suspect I could camp out on the floor in this thing, though I don't want to try it.

Why does the bunny hate yellowjackets? Not that I blame him. In fact I had a wasp try to build a nest in my tennis shoe this past weekend. SOB didn't even give me a rent deposit.

I'm pretty kind to animals. Take black widow spiders and rattlesnakes out into the country.

Yellowjackets, I kill them. No mercy.

Something about being stung by the horrible things hundreds of times in the past. Though I find I'm mostly immune to their stings. Got hit by one three years back in the face and last year in the arm. Slight bump that went away in a couple hours.

I've killed 6 wasp/yellowjacket nests this year around my house. One of them was huge. It was in the downspout on the corner of my house. I kept spraying it, and more and more kept flying out. I think I counted 21 dead bodies after it was over, plus all the larvae in the nest.

I dunno why I don't like 'em, I just don't. :mad:

Bees, on the other hand, I loves to pieces. We got a friggin' swarm of them around our blue spireas last year. It was nice to see them all humming around, working. And they were really friendly, too. When I needed to adjust the sprinkler I'd just move the bush aside with my hand. The bees would buzz around me, not bothered at all. :)

That's just the topper. It has a cover that has about an inch of plush padding' date=' then the memory foam itself is about two inches thick. I can't even feel our rock-hard mattress underneath it. I suspect I could camp out on the floor in this thing, though I don't want to try it.[/quote']

Nice! One more question, do you have to get new sheets? Or do they stretch over teh new stuff okay. I'm seriously considering this.

I was stunned yesterday to find out that the Oklahoma Department of Transportation (my employer) had done a market study and decided that I should get a 9.12% pay raise. This will go into effect September 1st. :rockon:

Wahoo, good for you.

Nice! One more question' date=' do you have to get new sheets? Or do they stretch over teh new stuff okay. I'm seriously considering this.[/quote'] I would have called the tv-marketer on Wednesday...if I was home -- had to got to uni instead. :(

Will probably have to get someone to call on my behalf next Wednesday.

(they through in the pillow for free, a saving of $30)