The "Nice Happy" Thread

Hermit

Re: The "Nice Happy" Thread

It may be chemically-induced happiness' date=' but it still feels pretty good. Is this what non-depressed people feel like all the time?[/quote']

Dunno, I get depressed on occasion but don't know the chemically nondepressed experience.

Went to Palouse Falls yesterday, with water flow at high level. Spectacular place, if off the beaten track. Got pics (to follow in a different thread). Also saw some peregrine falcons there.

Saw something kinda cool today. It's nice outside, so after lunch I went out on a short walk. I saw a bird with feathers as black as coal, except on its "shoulders" (where the wing connects with the body), which were bright, bright, cherry red. I think there was a little yellow stripe there too, but I can't be certain. When the bird took off, there was a brilliant flash of color. Very beautiful.

And it made me remember, a few days ago I was walking along the same trail and I saw a snake in the middle of the path. Not very big, about a foot long or so. It was a dusty black, except he had a bright orange stripe right down the middle of his back. Around his face were tiny yellow dots. I crouched down to take a good look at him and he flicked his tongue at me. After I got a good look, I gently shoo'd him off the trail so a random biker wouldn't run him over.

Wonder what I'll see tomorrow? :)

Not too bad' date=' though I was surprised to find that I could store all the happiness in the space under my little fingernail. [/quote']

That's pure concentrated happiness! Good god man, don't take it straight or your whole body will implode! It needs to be mixed in a 1:250 ratio and taken in small doses!

Or is it pure concentrated ebil? Eh, if that's the case then go ahead and take it straight. :eg:

Saw something kinda cool today. It's nice outside, so after lunch I went out on a short walk. I saw a bird with feathers as black as coal, except on its "shoulders" (where the wing connects with the body), which were bright, bright, cherry red. I think there was a little yellow stripe there too, but I can't be certain. When the bird took off, there was a brilliant flash of color. Very beautiful.

And it made me remember, a few days ago I was walking along the same trail and I saw a snake in the middle of the path. Not very big, about a foot long or so. It was a dusty black, except he had a bright orange stripe right down the middle of his back. Around his face were tiny yellow dots. I crouched down to take a good look at him and he flicked his tongue at me. After I got a good look, I gently shoo'd him off the trail so a random biker wouldn't run him over.

Wonder what I'll see tomorrow? :)

I forget what that kind of bird is called, but I used to see them all over. Apparently their natural territory is the cranberry bogs of New England.

I've seen lots and lots of bunnies lately. I snapped a couple of pictures of one that was hanging out outside my window yesterday morning. The cat kept mewing at it, like it would just come hopping over to play if she entreated it enough. Very cute.