The "Nice Happy" Thread

Hermit

Re: The "Nice Happy" Thread

My Mom wanted a wedge pillow with no arms, trays, massagers or anything, just a wedge pillow, and she looked everywhere and they had everything but. I found her one at the Vermont Country Store, a mail order company that specializes in old fashioned stuff and things from the past you can't buy anymore. If you don't see it in their catalog or website, decribe it to them and tell them the name if you remember it and they'll try to find or get it, eventually.

They are at vermontcountrystore.com. I'd recommend this store to everyone. They have everything from food to apothocary.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Friday my wife is taking me out to dinner to observe an odd sort of anniversary. As it'll be Leap Day, it'll be the 4th "anniversary" of when she asked me to marry her.

(I had already bought the ring she'd said she wanted.)

I had the ring bought, as I said; I was just waiting to be assured that my job would continue (I was a postdoc on year-by-year funding at the time). She's called me ten kinds of fool for waiting for that, but it mattered to me....