• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cygnia

• Logan D. Hurricanes

• Cancer

• SteveZilla

Re: "Neat" Pictures

Sure -- someone chose to include raw image data as base64-encoded content of the src attribute of the image tag. Perfectly allowable under HTML' date=' just not something that I like to see on the forums.[/quote']

all greek to me. I put a link in to show the provenance and then thought I attached a picture. To think, I used to be a geek.

http://rahultheinvader.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/bebop-vs-serenity.png

I never got an Outlaw Star vibe from Firefly. OS was infected by too much dumb. (wrestling starships, I'm looking at YOU.) I got a really cool Cowboy Bebop vibe from Firefly, which is one of the things that really grabbed my attention. The chemistry, the dialogue, the sets, all drew me in and made me believe in the 'verse and want to see more of it. Used future, with references to Earth? yes, please.

http://rahultheinvader.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/bebop-vs-serenity.png

I never got an Outlaw Star vibe from Firefly. OS was infected by too much dumb. (wrestling starships, I'm looking at YOU.) I got a really cool Cowboy Bebop vibe from Firefly, which is one of the things that really grabbed my attention. The chemistry, the dialogue, the sets, all drew me in and made me believe in the 'verse and want to see more of it. Used future, with references to Earth? yes, please.

I never saw Outlaw Star, but I got a taste of Bebop from Firefly, too.

Had the series continued to its intended conclusion' date=' would Mal have faced a fate as bloody and utterly inevitable as Spike Spiegel's?[/quote']

Probably not. Firefly is space western, not film noir/heroic bloodshed.

Had the series continued to its intended conclusion' date=' would Mal have faced a fate as bloody and utterly inevitable as Spike Spiegel's?[/quote']

I suspect not. Spike had an established triangular relationship with Himself, Viscious and Julia from his origin story. Mal doesn't seem to have any long-term nemesis on the scale of Viscious lurking in his background. At least none that was established in the limited time of the available episodes...

If anything, I view Captain Mal and Han Solo as very similar people, walking opposite directions on the same road.

Ironic since both those shows were on competing networks on the same night and time. And the success of Batman lead to the sillification of Lost in space.

Both produced by 20th century, so the sets may have been close to each other. One thing I had forgotten about was a Family Feud episode with both casts in 1983.