• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cygnia

• Logan D. Hurricanes

• Cancer

• SteveZilla

Re: "Neat" Pictures

And yet' date=' we yearly waste enough food to feed them all.[/quote']

It is amazing how ANYONE can get free food from Food Banks, whether they need it or not.

On the other hand, and unfortunately, the food tends to be high in fat, or salt, or sugar.

It is amazing how ANYONE can get free food from Food Banks, whether they need it or not.

On the other hand, and unfortunately, the food tends to be high in fat, or salt, or sugar.

Beats the hell outta starving, though. It's sad that people donate food they wouldn't eat themselves to help feed the starving, then complain that the starving aren't eating healthier. It costs money to eat right, and some folks just haven't got it.

Beats the hell outta starving' date=' though.[/quote']

In the short term, yes.

It's sad that people donate food they wouldn't eat themselves to help feed the starving' date=' then complain that the starving aren't eating healthier. It costs money to eat right, and some folks just haven't got it.[/quote']

And then we citizens wonder why heart disease, hypertension, and diabetes are so common, when a significant portion of population have no choice other than to subsist on a poor(er) diet.

Hm, it's almost like it's a cycle or something. Nah...

In the short term, yes.

And then we citizens wonder why heart disease, hypertension, and diabetes are so common, when a significant portion of population have no choice other than to subsist on a poor(er) diet.

Hm, it's almost like it's a cycle or something. Nah...

And then those people need medical care...

Isn't there an old saying about this? Something like "A pound of prevention is worth an ounce of cure"? Or maybe I have that backwards... *Sarcasm*

social_commentary__by_germancitygirl-d3y4e8i.jpg

This from the girl driving an SUV? Reminds me of the young lady who said to me the world would be better off if all humanity died. I offered her a knife and said 'You first."

*sigh* Must spread Rep...

Better reaction that the last time I told that story. I was asked all aghast what I would have said if she went on to kill herself. "Good start". Why yes, I can be an SOB sometimes. :sneaky: