"Neat" Pictures

Dr. Anomaly

Re: "Neat" Pictures

Instructions:

1) look at picture in the first spoiler. It may/maynot be SFW so I erred on the side of discretion.

2) Then open the second spoiler for further directions

If this is your first time looking at the picture and after 30 seconds you still didn't realize that there is a shark at the back, you probably need to train your Adversity Quotient. :D :D

is it sad that

the first thing I noticed was the shark?

• Replies 19.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cygnia

• Logan D. Hurricanes

• Cancer

• SteveZilla

A little piece of advice: don't rent the movie "Alien" to watch with your wife prior to the birth.

Geez, pregnant women have NO sense of humor!

If I'd read this two minutes earlier when I was still eating, I'd have shot milk out my nose.

Rep for the laugh! :rofl:

A little piece of advice: don't rent the movie "Alien" to watch with your wife prior to the birth.

Geez, pregnant women have NO sense of humor!

I can tell you from personal experiences that women who like babies apparently never seem to find Alien references funny.

I love my fiancee and our plans for not breeding.

I can tell you from personal experiences that women who like babies apparently never seem to find Alien references funny.

I love my fiancee and our plans for not breeding.

This was actually the primary reason I barely made it through AvP: Requiem.

The mutated Alien could implant the eggs through the throat of the victim, instead of relying on facehuggers. It proceeded to do so in the maternity ward of a hospital...

This was actually the primary reason I barely made it through AvP: Requiem.

The mutated Alien could implant the eggs through the throat of the victim, instead of relying on facehuggers. It proceeded to do so in the maternity ward of a hospital...

Everything I've heard about that movie makes it sound exceedingly terrible.

Everything I've heard about that movie makes it sound exceedingly terrible.

Well, put it this way. If you liked the original movies, you'll like AvP:R

Because they used the same damn scenes and music

I actually preferred AvP:R over the first.

So did I. Alas, that's not saying much. The aliens still bred far too quickly to be believable

3647507403_2612f45974.jpg

Early in spring 2009, a robin built a nest under the eaves of my front porch. Unfortunately, all the people coming and going scared her off and she abandoned her nest and her eggs. After it was clear that she was gone for good, I took the eggs out of the nest -- four tiny baby-blue eggs.

A month or so later, a house sparrow moved into the robin's abandoned nest. She built up her own nest inside the robin's and for several weeks we watched her guarding her own eggs. Unlike the robin, she didn't seem too put-off by the fact that people walked directly below her nest on a daily basis.

A little more than a week ago, I noticed that the sparrow's eggs had hatched -- the mama bird was darting back and forth, bringing mouthfuls of morsels to her babies. I couldn't see the babies, but I saw the mama bird bringing food to them every day.

A few days ago, I saw the baby birds for the first time. At first, I just saw these tiny little beaks poking up out of the nest, begging for food. Yesterday for the first time I actually saw the birdies -- three of them. :D

A hearty congratulations' date=' my man![/b']

(I know how it feels to see that - we pop in August):)

Thank you very much! We've been given two due dates: December 30th and January 1st. While the novelty of a New Year's Day baby would be kinda cool, we've already met our annual out-of-pocket deductible requirement for 2009. So we're really hoping for the December 30th date.

Congratulations yourself, by the way! :celebrate

3647507403_2612f45974.jpg

Early in spring 2009, a robin built a nest under the eaves of my front porch. Unfortunately, all the people coming and going scared her off and she abandoned her nest and her eggs. After it was clear that she was gone for good, I took the eggs out of the nest -- four tiny baby-blue eggs.

I suppose there was no hope in incubating the robin's eggs?

I suppose there was no hope in incubating the robin's eggs?

I hadn't seen her for roughly two weeks before I climbed up there to see if there were eggs. I'm pretty sure the eggs were dead after that time.

Mrs. Robin left after she flew into my garage and was stuck there for a couple of hours until she managed to find the exit. She was freaked out pretty bad during that experience. I never saw her after that.

I hadn't seen her for roughly two weeks before I climbed up there to see if there were eggs. I'm pretty sure the eggs were dead after that time.

Mrs. Robin left after she flew into my garage and was stuck there for a couple of hours until she managed to find the exit. She was freaked out pretty bad during that experience. I never saw her after that.

Having been trapped in your garage myself, I can understand. I still scream at the sight if WD40 :angst:

But seriously, folks, that's very cool about the new nest inhabitants. :thumbup:

volcano.jpg

This photograph was taken from on board the International Space Station as it passed above Sarychev Peak on Matua Island.

This is one of the most active volcanoes in the Kuril island chain, northeast of Japan.

A NASA spokesperson said the image "captures several phenomena that occur during the earliest stages of an explosive volcanic eruption."

from The New Scientist Picture of the Day.