• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cygnia

• Logan D. Hurricanes

• Cancer

• SteveZilla

Re: "Neat" Pictures

Man. I used to be able to play that game for hours on one quarter.

The kind with the little hole and string? :winkgrin:

I was nver good at that game. My game was the sit-down version of Star Trek. Rolled the score over three times in one sitting (I played the "captain's chair" version where I could sit down).

Looks like a No Crossing sign with the red faded out.

Wow, it is! I've never seen a sign that had only one of the colors so nearly completely faded out but the rest still looked reasonably good.

If you look real close, you can make out the circle that completes the bar into a not symbol.

Nice work, and I like it, though at the risk of starting an argument, I question including the Red Skull as 'Neutral Evil'. That is supposed to be evil as pure selfishness, unalloyed by any concern for others. I could easily see the Kingpin as NE, but not the Red Skull. He's more Lawful Evil, though in his more nihilistic incarnations he could just as easily be described as Chaotic Evil.

Though of course any argument of "what alignment would fictional character X be?" is going to be nothing more than the personal whims of the arguers anyway.

Here we see a photograph of the CSNISS* Pathmaker, the first space ship to use a pseudo-space drive. Unusually, this photo was taken in real space; it was a happy accident that an amateur astronomer snapped a pic just as the Pathfinder went by.

To be more accurate, this is a picture of the "referent"; that is, of the "reflection" into real space of a pseudo-space object. This accounts for its translucent and blurry appearance. The brightly glowing spot towards the right is the exhaust of the nuclear engines, which make up the diffuse area towards the center. Due to the perspective as well as the nature of a "referent," the multiple nuclear engines, and the fuel tanks for them, appear lopsided.

The living quarters, included the control room, etc., are to the left. In this picture, they have mostly faded from view; such is not unusual in "referents." All in all, though, this is a historic picture, of a historic space ship. After the loss of the Pathmaker, this, some publicity videos, and a few blueprints are the only remains of that glorious ship and its brave, doomed crew.

*Co-ordinated Solar Nations' InterStellar Ship

Actually, it's a comet passing in front of the Pleiades; here's details. BTW, I'm multi-posting this to the Star HERO forum.

superman-logos.jpg

I recognize a few, but....

That's cool

let's see

Red Son

Energy Superman Red

The Cyborg Superman (from Rein of the Supermen)

Classic

not sure, but I think it's the Eradicator

Cape...could be many of them

Definately the Eradicator

Dunno

I think that's the "Shaq" Version of Steel

Golden Age

Silver Age

Bizzaro

dunno

er Elseworlds where he's a knight

dunno