"Neat" Pictures

Dr. Anomaly

Re: Hawt!

There's no reason to believe that the ones in the movies aren't female already, and that the males aren't tiny, near-parasitic, worm-like things that attach themselves to the females' bodies.

Sure but there's no reason to assume they are or for that matter that they have two genders at all, the might have one or several. That's really my point. Arguing about it being "unrealistic" for female Preds to have breasts because the resemble terrestrial mammals doesn't make allot of sense. Now you might find it silly or disturbing; that's fair enough.

EDIT: Although if there's canonical information from somewhere besides the movies, I guess there is.

Well there's the comics and novels but apparently even there details vary from story to story.

• Replies 19.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cygnia

• Logan D. Hurricanes

• Cancer

• SteveZilla

Re: "Neat" Pictures

By the way...

I'd just like to point out that you guys are debating whether or not the female version of a fictional race of reptilian, psuedo-samurai hunter aliens should have boobs.

C'mon.

This is on par with debating the English interpretation of Klingon phrases.

...and for the record, the boobs are dumb.

By the way...

I'd just like to point out that you guys are debating whether or not the female version of a fictional race of reptilian, psuedo-samurai hunter aliens should have boobs.

C'mon.

Well speaking for myself I'm not arguing that they should have boobs but that they could...

Besides we're geeks. It's what we do. I'm saving catgirls here (and then I shall claim them as my own!)

...and for the record, the boobs are dumb.

Too each their own. :)

Could be egg pouches.

Could be infected inflamations.

There's a species of mountain ape with what appear at a distance to be huge mammary glands in some individuals -- male and female -- that turn out to be pustulent parasite-filled cysts due to the species habit of rolling in its own feces.

Heck, it could be venom sacs.

There's no need for everything that looks like something else to be something else.

By the way...

C'mon.

I believe the standard phrase is "You must be new; welcome to the Internet."

Could be egg pouches.

Could be infected inflamations.

There's a species of mountain ape with what appear at a distance to be huge mammary glands in some individuals -- male and female -- that turn out to be pustulent parasite-filled cysts due to the species habit of rolling in its own feces.

Heck, it could be venom sacs.

There's no need for everything that looks like something else to be something else.

True, but let's call a spade a spade here. The breasts, whether reverse-engineer rationalized to be anything else, are meant to be big sexy boobies to appeal to the adolescent mindset of many a geek.

Yes, some of us geeks actually are adolescent. Some are just developmentally arrested. But let's be real. Geeks like to make everything female in fiction have a hot, underdressed girly body, because geeks tend to not have access to hot girly bodies in real life.

True, but let's call a spade a spade here. The breasts, whether reverse-engineer rationalized to be anything else, are meant to be big sexy boobies to appeal to the adolescent mindset of many a geek.

Yes, some of us geeks actually are adolescent. Some are just developmentally arrested. But let's be real. Geeks like to make everything female in fiction have a hot, underdressed girly body, because geeks tend to not have access to hot girly bodies in real life.

Few men have access to enough of them...

But I have to say there are too many geek-artists making too many dog, Predator, Dalek, what-have-you pics with big boobies. Hell, there are too many pics of girls with big boobies churned out by the geek population. Give it a rest.

At what point were predators determined to be "reptillian?" They're aliens. Saying an alien species is of a kind with Terran reptiles is equally as silly as saying a reptile has boobs.

Sheesh.

Well, there are scaled mammals, there are mammals with no cheek teeth (though apparently all mammals have them at some stage in life), there are nearly hairless mammals, and there are egg-laying mammals, so what is "reptilian" supposed to mean? If cold-blooded, how does one distinguish them from fish, or amphibians?